Carradale

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

history

Postby bubbly jock » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:05 am

oh well that will be the end of that then, shame because I thought your profile said you were interested in everything :?
bubbly jock

We're no finished yet, the ropes are ashore till Monday!

Postby Bochan Mor » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:16 pm

Aye Jock, your right. Young Fermer Mornish thought he was interested in everything, but apparently not. Bonnie Airds is not for him. Not even Achnasavil or Dippen for that matter, and them just sublime. :twisted:

It’s a damn spite that there's nothing here for him, but what the heck, I see somebody has started a thread all for himself. Ideal for a boy of more diverse interests.

I was thinking that Davie P could be selling some advertising for this thread; it’s got nearly as many readers as the Friday morning ritual. Just think, a few bed & breakfasts, a couple of milkmen, cars, fish salesmen.... it could be the dot com of 2005. We'd all need commission of course, and a cut of the selling price when the enraged Courier proprietors buy it out... Mind you, they would probably start off by creating their own blog in opposition. Maybe they have one already....Who knows?

The EKCC thwarted the bochan plan for their first meeting. The water was removed from the table to prevent any intoxification of the panel. Watch out at the next meeting, when the Bochans attempt to serve up mushroom tea, made from fungi picked freshly from the back of the caravan site.

Decorum was the order of the day. There were gasps as the new council took their seats in the packed Library, with the planning officer outshining them all with his smart but trendy attire.

The born again council have wild plans to rejuvenate the village. The football pitch and pavilion are to be restored to their former glory, and once again we'll be able to trot from the monument at Airds along the edge of Airds Wood. They say that they're also going for a community buy out of the River the golf course and the Bay.......or is that just a rumour born from Bochan mischief. We'll maybe hear more at the next meeting. Be sure and ask your councillors, just in-case there's a hidden agenda. Maybe they should also be registering an interest in the harbour once the money has been spent on it. Aye some fine assets for the community. Better that, than in the hands of a few, eh? Damn me, why stop there. Go for the forest as well. If the toonies can buy the airport, why cann't the crofters jump on the band wagon. They could follow the Gigha folk and get a grant for their own wind farm.

We're allowing that first on the agenda will be picnic benches overlooking the hotel garden. Bochans could sit there on a still night and throw cockabendies at the glass roof of the conservatory, and attach sticky willies to inebriated crofters as they creep home to their nests.

Summer's coming. Time for a barbecue, down the bay. What do you reckon?
:twisted:
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby GarySutherland » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:22 pm

A BBQ in the Bay sounds like a great idea.

The hall was so packed for the council meeting we had to go and get extra chairs! They almost caught us out by moving it forward by half an hour from the old time.

Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Barbecue

Postby Sanyanya » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:05 pm

Who's this scunner Bochan Mor trying to kid? A barbecue doon the Bay. I've yet to see one doon yonder with any trace of food. A fire maybe, but damn all but bottles clinking and cans crunching as they're fired into the darkness. What a damned mess in the morning. They're worse than tinkers!

You don't know what a good barbecue's aboot. Aye maybe a few bottles of pale ale or the likes, but you need the potatoes roasting in the fire, some split herring and whole prawns, and maybe the odd pheasant or bantam. There's naw a smell like it.

Aye, and the pipes: you know, you blaw them, well you need them tae. Mind you, I must say, we used to hear a few dark haired lassies fae the Toon. They knew how to sing and party. One who played the guitar had the voice of an angel, but goodness knows who she was. Those devils with the penny whistles though, I'd set the doags on them, infact maybe we did once. Ma faither out-flanked them on his way home from the Crubhan and told them: 'I know who your mithers are!!' That sorted them, some of them jumped the fence and ran, but they all went home to change their breeks!

Thon lassie from the Toon used to lead the singing. She used to sing the 'Shoals o Herrin' and something like: 'What do they dae with the herrings eyes?'

Damned if I know what they did, but we ate them hieds, tails, guts an all, but maybe someone remembers what she sang.
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Barbecue

Postby Sanyanya » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:27 pm

Aye, we all know whose bantams they were![/url]

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

bantams

Postby bubbly jock » Tue May 03, 2005 11:39 pm

Aye well they weren't yours but when did that stop you :? :?
bubbly jock

Postby mornish » Wed May 04, 2005 11:17 pm

hen rustling, now there is an interest!

but carefull gary these buggers might barbacue goat as well??
mornish
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby GarySutherland » Thu May 05, 2005 10:42 am

Heheh, no there's not enough meat on me to be worth the effort.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Barbecue

Postby Sanyanya » Fri May 06, 2005 5:00 pm

The real Bocans used to be partial to spare rib of goat, but I'm not so sure that Bochan Mor is a real Bochan, even although I've never seen him.

Look out for the rid hair and pink tinge in the eyes. A sure sign of a real 'Bocan'

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Ribs

Postby Sanyanya » Fri May 06, 2005 5:04 pm

Talking of partiality, at least there was a wee bit of meat on a rack of billy or nanny. I'm not so sure that pheasants and bantams were worth the effort. You should know by now, 'You'd be as well to hing for a sheep as a lamb!'

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Ribs

Postby Bochan Mor » Fri May 06, 2005 5:24 pm

For the love of Goodness Gracious Me, what is Sanyanya drizzling on about? Sometimes he is like an extended dose of smoorach with a face full of mudges thrown in for bad luck.

There could be more important things to think about on a day like today, like: have we a new MP? We've had our own local elections and our newly appointed politeeshans are busying themselves round the village in an effort to tame the young folk. There's even talk of Bocan traps up at the football pitch, but then again, there's been a good few of them concealed up yonder for as long back as I can remember. The bocans have a good vantage point over the pitch. 2 old crocks were spotted pacing over the pitch this morning, reliving their youth, 'Aye, thinking that they're young!' or maybe just wishing.

For the record, the goat from the point was damn tough, unless you got the opportunity to have it minced. Sanyanya knows damn fine, because I used to see him baiting 'Wee Scoom' so that his mother could fire a boned leg through his mincer during the diversion. You'll naw find that in your damned Tesco.

Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Meeting in the Hall

Postby Snoddy » Fri May 06, 2005 5:44 pm

Surely they cannot convene meetings before they are due to begin, but then it is Carradale. Looks like the councillors will have to hire Reynard to get one over on Gary Sutherland.

Have your say Gary my boy, as a good spread of political viewpoints leads to a greater democracy. We had hoped for a greater democracy across Scotland this morning, instead we are going to loose our glorious leader.

They haven't managed to drive the stake through his heart just yet, so who knows, the lid may come back off his coffin! In the meantime, I think we'll crawl back under our stone.
Dr Snod Esq.

Two spoonfulls of Halibut-Liver Oil, Morning & Evening. You know the surgery hours, so don't bother me at any other time. I most certainly don't get paid enough.

Any resemblance to Snoddy's past and present are purely coincidental!
Snoddy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Old Dracula

Postby Bochan Mor » Fri May 06, 2005 5:52 pm

Here Snoddery, you shouldn't be encouraging Dracula to come out of his layer. Even the Bochans and their cousins from the Western Isles (Bocans) wouldn't go near the likes of him. You'd be as well with Auld Nick!

Besides, if its bats your wanting, you should just head for Wals corner with a screw-top of Pale Ale in your hand

Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Bochan Mor

Postby Sanyanya » Sun May 08, 2005 10:07 pm

Bochan Mor, your a deng sore ingin :!: Let Snoddy have his say for goodness sake. Where would you bochans be without the likes of Snoddy and his ilk?

Anyway, Monday morning hastens, so its back to the cold clathes & purridge for you. No wonder your as lame as you are, spending a lifetime in a damp bunk.

Aye the scouders will be appearing shortly as well, so mind how you handle that!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby mornish » Mon May 09, 2005 10:04 am

there'll be no scouders this year, its way too cold, in fact we'll maybe need to watch out for icebergs if it disny warm up soon!
mind you theres some scouders seem to have eveolved to live on dry land now and are seen/heard moochin aboot the quay lookin for sombody to sting, could we get a cam doon there to see whit they're up to at night?
mornish
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat