Back to kintyre

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Back to kintyre

Postby Neil » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:06 am

Well i made it back to kintyre after threatening to do so for over 10 years plus,think the last time i was in the wee toon was 1986 ish,must admit i now realise why i have always wanted to get back, the views and scenery are second to none and the drive up the A83 is stunning.Most of our time was spent between machrihanish,southend and campbeltown and getting lost,it was my wife's first visit to Scotland and she loved it,we tried to do and see as much as we could and spread out over the whole of kintyre,from rabs chippy,the royal,muneroys etc even tried to have a meal at the carradale hotel and hoping to bump into its colorful locals but we turned up too late for the food,So a good trip was had by all some pluses and minuses,sea tour was well worth it,heading off to the mull of kintyre when that frigging mist is rolling in is maybe a no no.Plenty of things to do on the next visit :D
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Back to kintyre

Postby jdcarra » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:44 am

Always better to give the local eating places a call Neil at this time of year,they don't serve as late as some town places and may be fully booked.
You should have raised your flag and I may have stopped for a chat :lol: .Catch you next time round.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to General Chit Chat