DINING OUT

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

DINING OUT

Postby Westy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:28 pm

With all the hype locally about Ugadale and the Royal Hotel, just wanted to say that I visited the newly furbished "The Putcechan" following their launch last week. I was not disappointed, there has been a significant amount of money spent externally and internally which has made a huge improvement. The decor is modern and some walls have been taken down, more windows put in which makes it light and airy. It is still a work in progress and the function room with bar is due to be finished soon.

There is a reception area when you walk in the door where staff were welcoming and helpful. Bar meals are available from 12noon but my party had dinner in the dining room which again was subtly set out and furnished. The menu was well thought out and would suit all tastes I would say. My party sampled all three courses which were excellent: good quality local produce; high standard of cooking; value for money; good sized portions (always important to us locals!). The dining room was fully booked and staff carried out their duties in a very pleasant, helpful and competant manner. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing evening. Despite being a wet night, the view from our window seat highlighted what a beautiful location this is with panoramic views for locals and visitors to enjoy.

On further speaking to staff, it is their hope to attract people from Campbeltown and surrounding rural areas to call in and sample their food; (they hope to make an arrangement with a local transport firm with a view to arranging transport to enable people to leave their cars at home and sample wine and spirits from their bar). Staff were happy to give us a guided tour which included bedrooms.

I will certainly be going back and hope that others will give it a try-I am sure you will not be disappointed. This is written by a happy customer with no connections to this establishment or it's owners.
Westy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: DINING OUT

Postby howlsatthemoon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 pm

1st Post and bumming and boasting about "The Putcechan".

Maybe a wee bit biased opinion here ;o)
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bonnie Lass » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 am

The Putechan Hotel deserves a chance, the new owners have put in a lot of time and money improving the layout of the hotel to offer a modern facility for locals and afar - don't knock it till you have tried it.
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks for the review Westy. Just the kind of thing the forum should be used for.

Haven't visited yet but plan to over the next 10 days or so.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Heard nothing but good reports about Putechan Hotel from friends who have eaten there so far . Looking forward to going for a meal there this weekend.

And I wish them all the luck too so thanks for posting your thoughts Westy .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Had an excellent meal at the Putchecan last Thursday . Food was first class , beautifully presented and reasonably priced for quality freshly prepared local produce. Service was very efficient too . Their taster dessert platter is to die for and all homemade :D

It is tastefully decorated with a more modern feel to it while still retaining the rustic look you would expect from Putchecan.

Worth a visit .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Swanseajock » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Have they got a website or is there anywhere else I can look at for more information?
Swanseajock
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Board Admin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Board Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Tartan Seer » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Website says 'Forbidden' - oh dear ... :(
Tartan Seer
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby gizmo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:43 pm

howlsatthemoon wrote:1st Post and bumming and boasting about "The Putcechan".

Maybe a wee bit biased opinion here ;o)

1 post in 2 years. Looks as though you were right HATM. :shock:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to General Chit Chat