Kintyre Forum invaded?

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Kintyre Forum invaded?

Postby Crowth » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:16 pm

I could be doing a new poster a grave disservice here, but he/she has made a number of posts consisting of the mashed-up words of other users postings. The postings, by 'jollyjacken' occupy mainly the threads concerning hotels and were all made within the space of a minute or two. For example:

It all looks very impressive and it will be wonderful to have that building open again. But there doesn't appear to be a function room for large weddings and suchlike which is a shame. I think previously the function room may have been on the first floor which is going to be all bedrooms.

It all looks very impressive, it would be wonderful to build again. But it does not seem to exist, is a large wedding and things like that, which is a shame the function rooms. I think that may have been before it will be all the bedrooms on the first floor function rooms.

An excellent advert for the current facilities and the planned Royal Hotel and Ugadale Hotel developments that recently started. Did anyone else see it? Really looks the business.

Current facilities and programs in the Royal Hotel and Ugadale hotel development, recently began a good ad. Does anyone else see it? Really looks the business.

Certainly another piece of local folklore is that the Nazi propaganda broadcaster Lord Haw-Haw announced the night after the raid on Campbeltown that Kinloch Castle had been bombed. Naturally, a lot of people in the town took the name Kinloch to mean Campbeltown!

Of course, another piece of local folklore of the Nazi propaganda broadcasts of Lord Haw Haw announced that Campbell RAID Kinloch Castle after the bombing of the evening. Of course, many people in the town name means Kinloch Campbell!

heard today that they are one of the many caught out by the ash cloud. Went away on holiday over easter and are not home yet. Apparently will be away for a least another week I was told.

Heard today, they are many volcanic ash clouds. Go over the Easter holiday, not at home. Obviously will be a at least I was told from the other week.

Never saw the Keil in full flight as a hotel, but would have love to have done back in its hayday. Be nice to see the building brought back to life, no matter what it becomes, as its a shame to see such buildings lay rotting.

Keil had never seen in full flight for the hotel, but its hayday love to do. Nice building back to life, as it's a shame to see such a building no matter what it becomes, lay rotting.

'jollyjacken's posts each contain a link to 'JERSEY HOTELS' is included with every posting. I would not recommend clicking on it. I tried to report one of his postings and was informed that it had already been done, which is surprising as the link 'JERSEY HOTELS' still exists. The nature of his/her postings reminds me of the gobbledegook language used in spam emails.

Steer clear.
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Kintyre Forum invaded?

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Insidious.If you are suspicious,report it.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Crowth wrote:

I tried to report one of his postings and was informed that it had already been done, which is surprising as the link 'JERSEY HOTELS' still exists.

I think you will find that they have now been deleted Crowth.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr Plod » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 pm

There are little critters out there in the "ether" called "Bots" Small programs whose sole function is to proliferate throughout the internet, on forums, websites, company servers, with a view to trawling said sites for e-mail addresses. Along the way they "clip" small areas of text from invaded sites and use them as textual content for the next site they visit. The e-mail addresses found are then sold en mass to companies that flood e-mail inboxes with spam e-mails. They are a major problem on a lot of forums and websites that host forums. If a site becomes clogged with them they can cause the site to crash or they can fill the bandwidth allocated to the site, slowing down access to a crawl.

This is why when you register with a forum or a website they have a little box with some strangely configured letters and numbers and ask you to type what you see in the box. This is to block spy bots and spam bots that would otherwise gain access to the forum database and all the e-mail addresses and other details in there.

You should report all instances of this nature to your forum moderator so that steps can be taken to deal with it. This is the first time I have seen this here but I subscribe to a lot of tech forums and it is common to get an incident such as this every now and then.

It's entirely likely that the reference to the jersey Hotel is simply information randomly "clipped" from another legit site and used as "dialogue" in a very random manner by the bots. Also when you come across any e-mail that contains random gibberish do not open it. Bin it. It will be likely to be bad for your computers health.

"Well spotted" by the user on this occassion I'd say :0)
Eagles may soar............but Weasels never get sucked into jet engines
Mr Plod
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby jdcarra » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Mr Plod wrote:There are little critters out there in the "ether" called "Bots" Small programs whose sole function is to proliferate throughout the internet, on forums, websites, company servers, with a view to trawling said sites for e-mail addresses. Along the way they "clip" small areas of text from invaded sites and use them as textual content for the next site they visit. The e-mail addresses found are then sold en mass to companies that flood e-mail inboxes with spam e-mails. They are a major problem on a lot of forums and websites that host forums. If a site becomes clogged with them they can cause the site to crash or they can fill the bandwidth allocated to the site, slowing down access to a crawl.

This is why when you register with a forum or a website they have a little box with some strangely configured letters and numbers and ask you to type what you see in the box. This is to block spy bots and spam bots that would otherwise gain access to the forum database and all the e-mail addresses and other details in there.

You should report all instances of this nature to your forum moderator so that steps can be taken to deal with it. This is the first time I have seen this here but I subscribe to a lot of tech forums and it is common to get an incident such as this every now and then.

It's entirely likely that the reference to the jersey Hotel is simply information randomly "clipped" from another legit site and used as "dialogue" in a very random manner by the bots. Also when you come across any e-mail that contains random gibberish do not open it. Bin it. It will be likely to be bad for your computers health.

"Well spotted" by the user on this occassion I'd say :0)

Another bit of usefull info,cheers Mr Plod.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to General Chit Chat