I'm back - on topic

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

I'm back - on topic

Postby ChrisA » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:36 am

ELEVEN pm's have convinced me that just TWO people should not cause me to leave. Thanks guys.

Anyway, straight into a topical subject ...

There's a guy across our street who has done the old Mission control' Xmas decorations look on his house. Lights everywhere, neon reindeers on his roof, Giant Santa hat on his Chimney, a loudspeaker that wishes everyone who passes a "Merry Christmas" (in an American accent to boot) etc etc.

Neighbour Opinions are ranging from (I kid you not) "Let's shoot the idiot" .. to "What a great guy".

I'm somewhere in the middle. It's an eyesore and has precisely nothing to do with the spirit of Christmas. Aside from that, this guy is on benefits and yet it looks like he's forked out at least a grand on all that crap :?:

What's the feeling up there on people like this? Any such houses around the toon? Or am I - as the guy in question told me after spotting my frown - "A right miserable git" ?
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pete Reek » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:46 am

There was a bit about that kind of stuff in the papers today, and I think it is one side of the fence or the other. Those who have to live with it daily obviously think that it is a plague, but those passing by for a look think it's great. A bit like our pool in actual fact.
You pays your money, you makes your choice.
No doubt you will get opinions from both sides on this Chris, so while you have time slip on the body armour and get a riot shield. :lol:
Pete Reek

Postby Malky » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:49 am

Glad you're not leaving Chris :wink:

I was in the town the other night and saw a house that puts the town centre Christmas lights to shame. Mad I say :roll:

More and more houses are getting lit up for Christmas. Most are still on the right side of tasteful but give it time. :D

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ChrisA » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:58 am

Pete Reek wrote:No doubt you will get opinions from both sides on this Chris, so while you have time slip on the body armour and get a riot shield. :lol:

:lol: Nah, I LOVE a bit of healthy, nee SPICY, debate. What I do not/DID not appreciate was a certain person talking to me civilly on one thread, whilst at the same time slagging me off on another. Anyway, all water under the bridge now :wink:
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby GarySutherland » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:12 am

I suppose we should be grateful that it's only for a few weeks each year. Do they shut them off after 10pm?

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ChrisA » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:23 am

GarySutherland wrote:I suppose we should be grateful that it's only for a few weeks each year. Do they shut them off after 10pm?

Cheers
Gary

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No.

They turn them ON at 10pm - and OFF at 10am :?
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby GarySutherland » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:26 am

Hmmm... maybe it's time to pop down to CashConverters and see what they have in the way of cheap air rifles then...

Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ChrisA » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:31 am

(Ahem)

They are out of stock :roll:
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby dgraves » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:59 am

Pete Reek wrote: Those who have to live with it daily obviously think that it is a plague, but those passing by for a look think it's great.

There is a monstrosity of an estate here that wins the annual city Christmas lights competition every year. I've always thought the nightly news coverage funny. The reporters have bumper to bumper cars with starry-eyed gawkers on one camera and the grumped neighbors picketing on another screen. :lol:
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby jdcarra » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:07 am

[quote="Malky"]

I was in the town the other night and saw a house that puts the town centre Christmas lights to shame. Mad I say :roll:

I to was in the town yesterday evening up the Roading. Quite an impressive site for the kids and possibly most adults. Don't no about the neighbours, but the chaps over in the refuse depot have something bright to look at on their tea breaks.
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dunc » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:38 am

Campbeltown,s looking nice at night just now.Kids enjoy it anyway.

Maybe they should keep religion out of Xmas..eh??

Dunc
Dunc
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Malky » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:00 pm

Dunc wrote:Maybe they should keep religion out of Xmas..eh??

Dunc

:lol: Yeah, there's religion spoiling something else. :roll: :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to General Chit Chat