Forum

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Forum

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:52 pm

Sorry folks but I have removed the various Forum Topics until I can review their content tonight.

I have distanced myself from the board for the last couple of days but I have had an e-mail questioning the content of some of the threads.

May be the end.... :cry:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DMS Graphics » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:10 pm

I log on most days and I haven't seen anything questionable :?: :?
DMS Graphics
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Mod2 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:55 pm

Davie, (and Michael)

I monitored the thread(s) in question and could see nothing in their content to merit the course of action taken by the complainant.

David, PM me when you've had a chance to look through the site - I know you're busy.

Oh, and no way it's the end .......
Mod2
Mod2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby dgraves » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:56 pm

Hi Davie,

The last I read the posts was at 1:30AM your time--6:30PM my time (I am 7 hours behind you).

I saw nothing offensive in the posts. There was some really good discussion, and all of the tempers were maturely restrained. In fact, appologies were even offered. There was no offensive language or anything out of the ordinary.

I hope that once you read everything, you will see that 99.9% of us have no complaints- Quite the opposite!

You have done a superb job with this site. :D
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ChrisA » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:58 pm

Davie, a suggestion taken from another site I visit ...

They have a forum called 'Hyde Park Corner'. With the disclaimer ...

"A soapbox :: All rants and arguments belong in here. This is a dark place, so think first! Do you really need to post it here? Probably not, so don't..".

A chance to direct and isolate the more, erm 'colourful' posts ?
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:14 pm

Last edited by Bobbie En Tejas on Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:18 pm

ChrisA wrote:Davie, a suggestion taken from another site I visit ...

They have a forum called 'Hyde Park Corner'. With the disclaimer ..."

"A soapbox :: All rants and arguments belong in here. This is a dark place, so think first! Do you really need to post it here? Probably not, so don't..".

A chance to direct and isolate the more, erm 'colourful' posts ?

Or, Jekyll & Hyde Park Corner.. 8)

Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Surfbored » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:51 pm

... or Heckle & Hide Park Corner :lol:
Surfbored
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:28 pm

As you can see the board is back up again - I haven't removed anything either as I can't see anything offensive on the site.

People need to realise that it is pretty much the norm to post under Pseudo names on boards to - for one main reason...to avoid any personal comment.

I would remind members to read the Terms and Conditions of Registration for the VisitKintyre Website Forum and Discussion Board

http://www.awwhosting.co.uk/campbeltown ... .php?t=629

Which clearly states in the opening paragraph

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

I clearly do not have the time or the resources to constantly be on this board 24hrs a day - I take days off too... :wink: I do have a job and a wife and a 5 month old son too so these are the most important things to me (then the fitba, Tartan Army and this site!) so I do object to being subject of the PMs and E-Mails I received. It ain't hard to find me and speak to me (usuall the Comm btw :wink: )

I have discussed the threads with the Mods (none of whom are me!) and they agree there is nothing to be removed - if you do think there should be please PM me or one of the Mods and we will react to your concerns.

What I am starting to object to is the forum bringing down the http://www.visitkintyre.info site (in some peoples eyes). As you can clearly see the forum is located on a totally separate url but I accept reference to visitkintyre.info is made through this site. To this end I will take steps to purchase a new url and host but the quote I received from my current host was £160 per annum and with it coming up to Christmas I am not prepared to pay that just now. (I do however a scatter of visitkintyre polo shirts which I could sell!)

Anyway, thanks for the messages of support. I am going to meet up with the mods soon and have a look at the way forward with the board. I personally think there are more positives coming out of the board than negatives.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Surfbored » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:41 pm

Donations , say by Paypal anybody?
Surfbored
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby LO » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:59 pm

Surfbored wrote:Donations , say by Paypal anybody?

More than happy to agree with you on that one!
LO
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Thread Checks

Postby Frosty » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:06 pm

Thanks Davie ,

Your time used up checking the Postings is very apprieciated .
This forum is very helpfull to us 'Toonies ' who have left the town for one reason or another. The debates and Threads help us to stay in touch with the Latest news ( Robertsons Closure ) and developments ( Flooding and The New Pool ) .
Thanks Again
Regards
Frosty.
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:15 pm

A get embarrassed with thanks :oops: and knowing how Campbeltown can be would rather avoid it! :shock: (but thanks anyway :lol: )

I would also have to say Thank You to the Mods who help me out for nothing too. I did think quite some time ago about setting something up so I can pay the Mods something - even if it is just their Internet Connection fees but I was hoping to the visitkintyre.info site would pay for that. However, I find I spend far too much time on this board when I have people chewing my arm to get advertising on!

As I said, however, I will get a meeting with the Mods and take things from there.

Cheers

David
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mod2 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:59 pm

Davie P wrote:I get embarrassed with thanks ....

.......I did think quite some time ago about setting something up so I can pay the Mods something

Oh aye embarrass us then :roll:

Can't speak for the rest but I don't want paid.

And your Test still isn't working :lol: :wink:
Mod2
Mod2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Malky » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:03 am

DMS Graphics wrote:I log on most days and I haven't seen anything questionable :?: :?

Have you checked your avatar recently? That poor cat :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info