Campbeltown in the Snow - LIVE webcam

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Re: Campbeltown in the Snow - LIVE webcam

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:29 am

Hi Amanda, if you try it at

http://visitkintyre.info/webcam/index.htm

I'll keep the IP Address up to date there. It seems to require re-booting around 12 midnight but I am just leaving it to the morning so there will be some downtime.

When I get it set-up properly this won't be the case. I am just deliberating over where to put it and if afterall, it will go outside.

Cheers

Rosemary Scott wrote:I wondered if by any chance when the final shots are chosen to be installed if you could please possibly include the Quays so the boats can be seen coming in and going out as that makes great viewing the grandchildren like to see it as well.Thanx again

Hi Rosemary - glad you like the new camera - I do too and it have given me a new found anthusiasm to get the website updated! This was previously posted as the possible 8 views but I am not sure if it could cope with 8 different views - I will have to see how things go but the quay will certainly be in it.

What are your favourite views as I'll need to choose 8. Was thinking along the lines of.

1. Campbeltown Loch
2. Dalintober
3. Aqualibrium
4. Cross and Main Street
5. Pontoon
6. Harbour
7. New Quay
8. Jetty
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rosemary Scott » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi SCD they are ALL my favourite views so I am a happy bunny especially if you include the quays so the fishing boats and the large ships being loaded can be seen.So thanks.By the way thanks for the lovely roam around yesterday afternoon I felt I was home again,shame I had no visitors at my house :D :D :D :D
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Rosemary Scott » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:27 pm

One other frame would be nice and thats the War Memorial.My Fathers name is on there along with many others,sadly I didn't know him,its always the first place I head for when I come home Thanx
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:23 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:http://visitkintyre.info/webcam/index.htm
I'll keep the IP Address up to date there. It seems to require re-booting around 12 midnight but I am just leaving it to the morning so there will be some downtime.

Davie, if you setup an account at http://www.dyndns.com you won't have to keep editing the webpage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Arguing with someone on the internet is like mud wrestling with a pig.
After a while you realize the pig likes it." - Anon.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Ship called Dignity wrote:http://visitkintyre.info/webcam/index.htm

Davie, if you setup an account at http://www.dyndns.com you won't have to keep editing the webpage.

Thanks will look into this - was wondeirng about a static IP address.

As it is Monday night the fishing boats are in so it is pointing at the quay - http://visitkintyre.info/webcam/index.htm 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:Thanks will look into this - was wondering about a static IP address.

A static IP would be ok but you'll probably find your ISP wants to charge you extra for this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Arguing with someone on the internet is like mud wrestling with a pig.
After a while you realize the pig likes it." - Anon.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Help
Can anyone help me as I cannot get my home computer to connect to the camera.
My work computer , when first connected , asked to download'' Active x '' then all was OK.
My home computer does not give me that option so the secreen where the camera picture should be remains blank , all other detail and camera controls are there.

If more system detail is required then , when I have asked my eldest son , I will forward that.
Hopefully then I will be able to view my home Town from the comfort of my wee hoose in snowy Coal Aston.
Thanks

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Rosemary Scott » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi SCD thanx for a great viewing just a wee while ago of the boat called the Pole Star docking at the Quay.What a fabulous view of Ben Ghuilean as well.Thank you
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Frosty wrote:Help
Can anyone help me as I cannot get my home computer to connect to the camera.
My work computer , when first connected , asked to download'' Active x '' then all was OK.
My home computer does not give me that option so the secreen where the camera picture should be remains blank , all other detail and camera controls are there.

If more system detail is required then , when I have asked my eldest son , I will forward that.
Hopefully then I will be able to view my home Town from the comfort of my wee hoose in snowy Coal Aston.
Thanks

fROSTY

I'm not sure at all Frosty - sorry. Anyone else have this problem?

Try just now

http://www.visitkintyre.info/webcam/index.htm
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby prof bunhead » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Frosty wrote:Can anyone help me as I cannot get my home computer to connect to the camera.

Hi! What you need to do is select the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then the Security tab. Take a look at what level you have it set to for the Internet zone. You'll probably find it is higher than on your work PC. Change it so they're the same setting.
prof bunhead
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Frosty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 am

Thank you very much Prof. I will give that a try.
Cheers
fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Frosty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Success,
Thank you Prof I can now see all the cars driving around the roundabout that I myself have had the priveledge of doing many a time.
Cannot wait until the weekend then I can see all in daylight.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:38 am

I found out today the free services offered to host and publish my webcam are no longer free and will cost £29.99 a month!!! :( :(
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Auchenshuggle » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Ship, thats an outrage!!! I've put lots of people onto the camera and they have all commented on how much they enjoy it. How can we help? Howabout everyone who uses it on a regular basis sends you £1 a month, it would be a worth while experiment dont you think. I'm hoping you could also claim it as an advetising tool via the tax man. Let us know what your intentions are. Cheerie, Auchenshuggle
Auchenshuggle
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Rosemary Scott » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:12 pm

I totally agree after all its for people like myself who come from Campbeltown and many other ex-pats I daresay who love to see the Wee Toon
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info