Webcam

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Re: Webcam

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:51 pm

I think that you have pretty well covered all points of interest.The quality is very good.Thank you. :)
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dunc R » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Agree with Roger, covers all main areas. The controls work fine and the quality is great.

Dunc
Dunc R
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Mary G » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:49 pm

This looks great ... very impressed.

Couple of points - I run a vista laptop, and had to install ActiveX controles and a Panasonic thing to get going. No problems with that, but will all users have to do this?

Second - I am going to ask the question similar to the one that Peter Kays' gran asked when she got her Sky+ box (she thought it unfair to pause Coronation St to answer the phone, if it meant that everyone else in the country was going to have to wait until she finished :lol: ). Anyway, if I pick option 4- Cross and Main St, will that not affect what others see, if they happen to be watching option 7, the New Quay?

Great work SCD - very well done!
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Very impressive quality, Davie. Similar UI/controls to the BL-C10s that I have here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Arguing with someone on the internet is like mud wrestling with a pig.
After a while you realize the pig likes it." - Anon.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rosemary Scott » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi ScD was having a look around this afternoon on the new webcam.It is GREAT the pictures are nice and clear too.Any chance of a view of Davaar Island? or will it not go round that far.All your hard work has paid off and I am sure the new webcam will be greatly appreciated by all forum members as well as myself so thank you for that. :D :D :D :D :D
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby westport321 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Mary G, Im running vista also, enabled the active X but still getting a 401 error, what else did you do????Thanks
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 pm

westport321 wrote:Mary G, Im running vista also, enabled the active X but still getting a 401 error, what else did you do????Thanks

Mary - what is the full error message you are getting. Also what are you browsing with? IE, Firefox etc

Perfect weather for testing - cracking. Please take a snap of any interesting images and post them. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:10 pm

Go on now - I have it set to look at the Main Street and cross. Quality at night is excellent too.

Go to

http://92.16.130.115

Click on Login

Ensure General User is selected and click Login

USername - kintyreforum

password - kf2008

Now click on the single tab and you'll see the camera over the loch - you can move it around by clicking on the picture and you can zoom in by using Zoom - left zooms in, right zooms out. (or by scrolling your mouse)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:30 am

That is excellent Davie,when The Royal Hotel reopens they had better tell their guests to draw their curtains. :lol: :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:10 am

Jings - you could nearly see what people are taking at the pick 'n' mix in Woolies!

SCD - the first time I tried to use the web-cam I got an error message that I cannot recall - sorry :oops: But the yellow download bar was flashing, and the message read something like - 'to continue please click to install ActiveX'. Which I did. Then as it went through the install process it asked me to confirm the installation of some panasonic application - which I also did. Then it worked. Also, I have just closed that browser window and re-opened to view it again, and it worked fine without any further error message/ install process necessary.

I appreciate that this is only an hazy memory, and not entirely helpful. You could always advise users that they if they are running Vista - (and IE - which is what I have) they may be asked to confirm the installation of ActiveX and related video applications, the first time they use the webcam. I suspect it will vary depending on the full spec and installation / configuration of each person's device.

This is a great piece of kit. What about an answer to my 'Peter Kay's Gran' question? ;-)
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Mary G wrote:Couple of points - I run a vista laptop, and had to install ActiveX controles and a Panasonic thing to get going. No problems with that, but will all users have to do this?

Hi Mary, yes I had to install this too - simple enough installation which you can follow through. However, when the webcam is loaded on as part of the website you won't have to install this, login etc. Will get round to that when the camera is properly mounted. Now realising my question above was directed at Westport - sorry a senior moment! :shock: :D

Mary G wrote:Second - I am going to ask the question similar to the one that Peter Kays' gran asked when she got her Sky+ box (she thought it unfair to pause Coronation St to answer the phone, if it meant that everyone else in the country was going to have to wait until she finished :lol: ). Anyway, if I pick option 4- Cross and Main St, will that not affect what others see, if they happen to be watching option 7, the New Quay?

Yes, but the person browsing first will have rights I believe and your request will sit in a que. That's why the camera will have to be restricted to pre-set views. Otherwise it could messy! 8)

Rosemary Scott wrote:Hi ScD was having a look around this afternoon on the new webcam.It is GREAT the pictures are nice and clear too.Any chance of a view of Davaar Island? or will it not go round that far.All your hard work has paid off and I am sure the new webcam will be greatly appreciated by all forum members as well as myself so thank you for that.
Hi ScD was having a look around this afternoon on the new webcam.It is GREAT the pictures are nice and clear too.Any chance of a view of Davaar Island? or will it not go round that far.All your hard work has paid off and I am sure the new webcam will be greatly appreciated by all forum members as well as myself so thank you for that. :D :D :D :D :D

Unfortunately Davaar Island is out of view from my house. :( However, now I know how to set this up I'm hoping to get other webcams set-up too so will keep this in mind. :wink:

Camera is back online just now and it is a glorious day again, If only we had this weather more often!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rosemary Scott » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Ok thank you.I am just about to have a look today at Campbeltown.With regards to the weather you seem to be having it better up there than we are down south.We had snow last Wednesday not a lot but enough and plenty of rain now!!!!
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby mrn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:52 pm

Fantastic! It is brilliant. Great quality, just spent 20 minutes looking all over the loch and town. Well done.
mrn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Backup for tonight for a few hours but static view.

Go to

http://92.16.130.115

Click on Login

Ensure General User is selected and click Login

USername - kintyreforum

password - kf2008
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:26 pm

My webcam isn't working and I've had to send it back :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Just when I was about to get it installed. Ach well , better off happening now than when it was up...

Fingers crossed for next week!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info