Webcam

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Postby Annie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:40 am

But I should still be able to see the loch, etc. and not just the color green all across the screen!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:48 am

Yes, it is green! eeks :) have never seen it like that before. Maybe it is a particularly strange evening in campbeltown.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:46 am

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:Yes, it is green! eeks :) have never seen it like that before. Maybe it is a particularly strange evening in campbeltown.

Yuk! Don't seem to have any power to it :cry: Will investigate tonight - got to go to work :cry: :cry:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:23 pm

Thank goodness. I thought it was me having ANOTHER blonde moment! LOL!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Maybe it's the Celtic Boys Club on a day out??
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:44 pm

It is definitely Celtic green; or very, very close!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Managed to get it working again but the usb extension cable I had to have the webcam outside appears to be jiggered :cry: so all I can offer just now is a view out the back which is very boring.... :shock:

Will try and fix tonight

Got to head back to work :cry:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Aye, there's naw much gaen on ower the back there Davie!!!!!!!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Davie P wrote:Managed to get it working again but the usb extension cable I had to have the webcam outside appears to be jiggered :cry:

The limit for cable length for a USB device is 5m, Davie. Beyond that and you will run into problems.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:28 pm

Whose windows are we peeking into? :lol:
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:09 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Davie P wrote:Managed to get it working again but the usb extension cable I had to have the webcam outside appears to be jiggered :cry:

The limit for cable length for a USB device is 5m, Davie. Beyond that and you will run into problems.

Aye it is 5m but I despite me taping the connection up I think it got wet and is knackered :lol: :lol: Sent it up to Ronachan with half of Campbeltown to dry out so perhaps after the weekend it will be fine again.

Just incase anyone is looking at the webcam for the first time it will NOT just be a picture of the house up the road from me! Will have it pointing on to the loch asap! However, if you listen you will hear the sound of a well known piper - look and listen closer :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:09 am

Davie P wrote:
Beachcomber wrote:

Aye it is 5m but I despite me taping the connection up I think it got wet and is knackered :lol: :lol: Sent it up to Ronachan with half of Campbeltown to dry out so perhaps after the weekend it will be fine again.

You can make an effective weatherproof casing for a webcam out of the bottom half of a plastic cola bottle, in true Blue Peter fashion, by inverting it and cutting a hole in it for the lens to peek out. This is what I've got the webcam on our roof under. Works well.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:56 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Davie P wrote:
Beachcomber wrote:

You can make an effective weatherproof casing for a webcam out of the bottom half of a plastic cola bottle, in true Blue Peter fashion, by inverting it and cutting a hole in it for the lens to peek out. This is what I've got the webcam on our roof under. Works well.

Not the camera that is the problem - amazingly it lasted well on the front window sill for over a year. The USB cable I purchased (5M) is gubbed - I think the rain must have got into the connection as it won't work at all now. Anyone know where I can get a new one quickly? :shock:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:47 am

Got a couple of spare USB cameras kicking around but you're really pushing your luck with more than 5m of cable.

I've also got a 5m USB extension cable that you're welcome to borrow if you're coming up to the 'Dale.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info