Private message stuck in the 'outbox'

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Private message stuck in the 'outbox'

Postby Mary G » Fri May 16, 2008 11:23 am

Occasionally a private message that I 'send' sits in the Outbox section of the site. It just doesn't send for a while. What is going on here? On other occasions it goes immediately, or in a minute or two. But one that I sent around 9 this morning is still stubbornly sitting there in the Outbox, two hours later.

There is plenty space in the 'sent items' section, and in the others; they are all less than 50%.

Is this a fault? User error? Or is there a wee trick I can use to get this message sent?

TIA

Mary
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Private message stuck in the 'outbox'

Postby linda_j » Fri May 16, 2008 11:49 am

Mary it doesn't come out the "outbox" till the person you have sent it to reads it, then it will go into your sent items...... Hope this helps...
linda_j
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby jdcarra » Fri May 16, 2008 12:28 pm

linda_j wrote:Mary it doesn't come out the "outbox" till the person you have sent it to reads it, then it will go into your sent items...... Hope this helps...

Check it now Mary :) .
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Fri May 16, 2008 10:17 pm

As Linda said, the message stays in your Outbox until the recipient logs in to the forum. Only at that point is it transferred to their Inbox. It's just the way the system works :)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Technical Support