AOL

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

AOL

Postby freddie_mercury » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:53 pm

I see people on this forum seems to be very good at sorting peoples technical problems so hopefully someone can work this one out for me :) lol

My laptop has became very slow of late so i decided to just wipe everythinng and re-install windows, everything was fine and i got it to work much faster but when i tried to re-install aol broadband the CD was going very slow. I eventually managed to get it loaded but i got stuck when the on screen instructions said that the modem drivers had failed to install! :( :?

I tried another broadband installation CD but this time i was told that i needed shockwave player 8.5. How the hell am i supposed to download shockwave 8.5 when the internet is not working in the first place? So i downloaded it off another computer put it on a cd and installed it on my laptop, but to no avail, it still didn't work.

please help :)
freddie_mercury
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby daftdog » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:39 pm

Have you installed all the audio, video, modem, cd/dvd rom drivers etc that are specific to your laptop hardware.

Check that everything is installed properly by going to "Control panel, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager" and check for any device errors or Device conflicts. (would be wee yellow question marks beside the devices) you might need to click on the crosses beside each device to expand the view.

If your control panel is in Category View, you will go, Control panel, Performance and Maintenance, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager.

As you had an error message about the modem, it might be a good idea to run the troubleshooter on it anyway.

Thats the best advice i can give just now..
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Technical Support