Printer problems

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Printer problems

Postby oorly gourlay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:57 pm

I use an Epson Photo 810 printer and a regular problem I have is when I print photos on good quality glossy photo paper, I get horizontal black lines across the print. If I print the same photo on ordinary paper this does not occur. The problem is intermittent and I clean the heads before printing and it's damned annoying when a sheet of good paper is wasted.
Apart from the hoose being full of gremlins at the moment, does anyone have any suggestions.

oorly
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DMS Graphics » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:41 pm

When you clean the print heads, print a nozzle check page. If the print heads are okay, try print head alignment.

Ink bleeds a lot on ordinary copier paper, so print banding can be less obvious. Photo paper has far less ink bleeding, so any banding shows up on printing photos.

Printer setup is also important to get the best quality prints. Click on the advanced settings button before you print, this will give you more control over your printer settings. Try a sheet of photo paper with the paper quality set to :Photo quality inkjet paper, do not use high speed printing, use finest detail and print at 1440 dpi.
When you are in the advanced settings and you get a good print, you can save the settings under which ever name you choose.

Different makes of paper give different results. Print the same picture on 10 different makes of paper and you will have 10 different looking prints. Good quality instant drying photo paper, used with right settings, should help prevent banding problems. Cheaper poor quality photo paper can cause banding problems when the ink dries slowly and can be smudged by the print head.

Just to be safe, before I print any photos I print a nozzle check page. I use the Epson 1290 which I find needs a lot of print head cleaning.
DMS Graphics
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Printer Problems

Postby Frosty » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:36 am

I have a Lexmark printer.
Every time I hit the print button I only get about half the page printed.
Is there any default setting that I can return too , or something that I have done in set up , when I preview the page all the contents are there.
Hopefully someone maybe able to help , D M S graphics- you are usually good with this type of problem .
Thanks
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby DMS Graphics » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:25 pm

Is the print missing at the side or bottom of the page. Might be setup for the wrong page size or layout e.g. A4, landscape or portrait setting.

Easy thing to do is uninstall then reinstall the printer to get everthing back to default setting. If this doesn't cure it, check your cable connection or borrow another cable to check the results.

Nothing against Lexmark, but I prefer Epson, much cheaper running costs with compatible inks.
DMS Graphics
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Printer Problems

Postby Frosty » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:50 am

Good Morning Michael,

Thanks for your advice , done just that and it now works , it was only printing half of the textet on each page.
I know what you mean with ink prices, but the printer came with the computer as a bundle so we couldn't swap.
Thanks again
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Technical Support