Banner Graphics etc

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Banner Graphics etc

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:06 pm

Does anyone know how to create good banner images? For example

http://www.luxuryscotland.co.uk/directo ... index.html

Anyone know how to merge images etc and text? Or what software I need to buy to do this. I have been toying about on Adobe Photoshop Elements tonight but never really happy with what I end up with.

Any ideas?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:58 pm

Davie, what about something like ULead Cool 360 panoramic software or something on that order?

http://www.ulead.com/cool360/runme.htm

And found this one on Tucows, which might be more what you are looking for: http://www.tucows.com/preview/196189 (Banner Maker Pro)
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DMS Graphics » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:29 pm

Stick with Photoshop, which version of Elements do you have ?

The Crinan Hotel banner would amost certainly have been done in Photoshop. Simple to do with layers and gradient fill.

Photoshop Elements has a recipe tag which will guide you through adding layers and gradients.
Just to show you it can be done, in Blue Peter fashion, here's one I made earlier.

Banner was made with the original version of Elements, so you don't need the latest version. Animated Gif banners can also be easily made.

Stick with Photoshop, there are lots of magazines you can buy, help files and plugins available online. Once you get to grips with it the possibilities are endless.
DMS Graphics
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Right Pongal » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:18 pm

Aye Davie, I did this on the back of an auld fag packet wae some Play doh. Naw a bad likeness to Auld Pop, what do you think?

Don't Panic Malky, its all in hand!
Last edited by Right Pongal on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Malky » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:34 pm

That's very good Right Pongal - Davie maybe needs to sub-contract the job to yourself 8) :D

Can I just point out though, that the web address is visitkintyre.info. :wink: Edit: That's tidied it up - it looks right pongal now 8)

Actually, that's given me an idea for a photo competition. Davie, I'll be in touch sometime tomorrow - right now I'm out the door - I've a party to go to and the wife is the driver tonight. :wink:

Oh, and moving to technical.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Banner

Postby Right Pongal » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:41 am

Aye Malky, ye auld rascal; the only reason ye pulled me up was because I'd missed out your avatar.

I was looking for Sanyanya or the Scouder to come up wae one, or maybe Morenish.

We should try and get all the avatars used on the forum, all on the one banner.

Have ye got a couple of hours on yer hands?
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Technical Support