Spotify

Have your say....

Spotify

Postby Govangirl » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Does anyone use this? I'm now at the point of actually subscribing but before I part with my monthly tenner, does anyone think the benefits of subscribing are worth it?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Spotify

Postby £3.73 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:58 pm

if you want to listen to a bunch of generic fannies, penises and assorted other genetalia , then you'd be much better off investing your tenner a month in Adultfriendfinder. Music lived in the 60s and 70s, peaked in the 80s, died in the 90s. There are lots of kids living the dream, .... the problem being, they have no idea what the dream is, except somehow the answer lies buried in their parents record collection. Or someone like Simon Cowell (a**ehole) might somehow empower them to "live the dream", sanitise anything they have to say and give them 5 minutes in the media spotlight. Music is dead !
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:37 pm

I have been using Spotify for some time(free edition).I would never consider upgrading as I do not see the benefit.

Methinks the previous poster should stick with his "adultfriendfinder"site(probably a lot more pictures).Does he not know the first rule for teenagers is "though shalt not like thy parents music".Always has been so,always will be so.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 pm

no Bill, I am up to date & musician enough to recognise generic rugurgitated generic sh**e when I hear it !

Thank you for your concern !

Until one of these modern bands comes out of retirement and gets shot in the head like John Lennon for being a subversive terrorist, I will hold that thought.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:11 am

You do know you can listen to music from the 70's and 80's on there too. It's similar to milk, sometimes you can get it without a cup of tea around it too.

You also might find something you haven't actually heard before. To be fair, in terms of mainstream music you are correct, but you're obviously not looking hard enough.

I've only ever used the subscription one, so I have no frame of reference as to what is better, sorry.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Exactly Horse, that's what I use it for - currently it's (proper, Gabriel, pre-pillockPhilCollins) Genesis early albums I'm listening to on it. Where else can I listen to Be Bop Deluxe - eh? :D
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc