Michael Jackson

Have your say....

Re: Michael Jackson

Postby Tosh » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 am

He didn't writ as much as is made out, nothing on his first 4 albums, one track on his 'breakthrough' album Off The Wall, just 4 tracks on the record breaking Thriller.
A good deal of his success is down to the writing of Cleethorpes' own Rod Temperton and the Genius of producer Quincey Jones.
Welcome...
Back to the circus...
Tosh
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Hadrians hiring! » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:34 am

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:I loved the man. Thats all I have to say. He wrote my theme tune.

''In the closet'' ???????????
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Hadrians hiring!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Hum a few bars since youre familiar, I dont think I know that one.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 pm

It seems MJ is £500million in debt. I was surprised by his assets though - his 50% control of Sony/ATV Music Publishing is worth £600million. I knew about his Beatles back catalogue but didn't know, for example, that he owns copyright to more than 750,000 songs, including all of Bob Dylan's!!!! There are rumours that he was going to leave all his Beatles' stuff to Sir Paul anyway :<> but if not, surely he'd be trying desperately to buy them? I know very little about financial things (other than how to spend!) but I would imagine after all the creditors and vultures have swooped in, there won't be a lot left.

Going back to Sheik's original question though, I know obviously what I was doing the other night but doubt it will stay in my head in the future, not like the way I remember others like JFK ( :oops: ), Lennon, Bolan and Diana (but Elvis made no impact either). What you have to remember is that artists/icons/famous folk have different impacts on people and with Jackson, it's probably more a generational thing. If you were a fan for years, you'd be saddened by his death, especially if you were planning on seeing him in his new tour for the first time.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hadrians hiring! » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:22 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:Hum a few bars since youre familiar, I dont think I know that one.

Mmmmmm, not THAT familiar :<>
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Hadrians hiring!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Tosh » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:33 pm

Govangirl wrote:It seems MJ is £500million in debt. I was surprised by his assets though - his 50% control of Sony/ATV Music Publishing is worth £600million. I knew about his Beatles back catalogue but didn't know, for example, that he owns copyright to more than 750,000 songs, including all of Bob Dylan's!!!! There are rumours that he was going to leave all his Beatles' stuff to Sir Paul anyway :<> but if not, surely he'd be trying desperately to buy them? I know very little about financial things (other than how to spend!) but I would imagine after all the creditors and vultures have swooped in, there won't be a lot left.

Going back to Sheik's original question though, I know obviously what I was doing the other night but doubt it will stay in my head in the future, not like the way I remember others like JFK ( :oops: ), Lennon, Bolan and Diana (but Elvis made no impact either). What you have to remember is that artists/icons/famous folk have different impacts on people and with Jackson, it's probably more a generational thing. If you were a fan for years, you'd be saddened by his death, especially if you were planning on seeing him in his new tour for the first time.

I'm pretty sure Sony had already taken the option to increase it's holding to 75% to refinance another of MJs loans, it would be nice if the Northern Songs catalogue could be rescued from their clutches though.
Welcome...
Back to the circus...
Tosh
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby JAFFA » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:15 pm

I am asking a simple question here. I know he was found not guilty, but are any other parents wondering what all the outpour of simpathy is for?

The guy spent £20 million to hush the parents of a kid who discribed his genatilia in graphic detail in court.

For sure he was one of the greatest talents that ever lived and yes I do have some of his records, but is it just me?

kind regards Jeff
JAFFA
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm

JAFFA wrote:I am asking a simple question here. I know he was found not guilty, but are any other parents wondering what all the outpour of simpathy is for?

The guy spent £20 million to hush the parents of a kid who discribed his genatilia in graphic detail in court.

For sure he was one of the greatest talents that ever lived and yes I do have some of his records, but is it just me?

kind regards Jeff

If my child was raped or whatever, no amount of money would make me settle out of court. I dont believe it, I dont think the man was sexually capable. (yes i know he has children, but have my doubts as to how they were 'created')
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby JAFFA » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Was there not 2 out of court settlements at different times?

kind regards Jeff
JAFFA
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby JAFFA » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:
JAFFA wrote:I am asking a simple question here. I know he was found not guilty, but are any other parents wondering what all the outpour of simpathy is for?

kind regards Jeff

If my child was raped or whatever, no amount of money would make me settle out of court. I dont believe it, I dont think the man was sexually capable. (yes i know he has children, but have my doubts as to how they were 'created')

Tis looking like the kids were his in name only.......Sperm doner I am reading.

Money talks in the States and I am afraid you cannot apply your moral/principlies where others are concerned.

kind regards Jeff
JAFFA
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Michael Jakson

Postby blueboyno1 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:30 pm

I see by the news that Mark Lester has claimed to have donated sperm to Jackson and he reckons that Paris is his daughter .The Jackson family are refusing to answer his calls and even though he is the childrens godfather they are refusing to let him have any contact with them .I think the Jackson family will do anything to hold on to these kids as they will be worth fortunes .I wonder about the american courts granting custody to their 78 year old grandmother .Surely this cannot be the best thing for threee kids who have just lost their father to be handed over to a granny who could pop off tomorrow.
Just wondered what your thoughts are on this.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Michael Jakson

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:51 am

blueboyno1 wrote:I see by the news that Mark Lester has claimed to have donated sperm to Jackson and he reckons that Paris is his daughter .The Jackson family are refusing to answer his calls and even though he is the childrens godfather they are refusing to let him have any contact with them .I think the Jackson family will do anything to hold on to these kids as they will be worth fortunes .I wonder about the american courts granting custody to their 78 year old grandmother .Surely this cannot be the best thing for threee kids who have just lost their father to be handed over to a granny who could pop off tomorrow.
Just wondered what your thoughts are on this.

My thoughts:

Just because someone is a sperm donor, doesn't mean they have rights to the children. Can you imagine all the women who went through infertility and took advantage of sperm banks? No one disputed Jackson's right to those children up to this point, and in his will he wanted his mother to raise them if he died. Age doesn't qualify or disqualify a person, especially in this day and age when American woman are young and vibrant well into their 90s :wink: :lol:

She may die tomorrow, but then again, so might someone who is 30. If she is healthy and in sound mind, and apparently has been in their lives since they were born, and she is willing to take on the responsibility, why shouldn't they stay in the family? It is a close-knit family, and I doubt she will be raising them alone. And they've already had their father torn away from them. The family was already set up financially. I would be more concerned about people coming out of the woodwork trying to get their hands on the fortune.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:42 am

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:
I would be more concerned about people coming out of the woodwork trying to get their hands on the fortune.

For example Michael's father,the children's supposedly grandfather?It would seem his interest in the children is to market them as The Jackson Three,and keep the $$$$$$$$$ rolling in. :roll:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:09 pm

He doesn't live with Kathryn. She lives in California and he lives in Las Vegas, and has already said that apart from visiting them occasionally, he will not be helping to raise them.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc