JOE BONAMASSA

Have your say....

Re: JOE BONAMASSA

Postby Martin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Radio 2 have done this guy to death this year, so much so that if I so much as hear his name mentioned my blood runs cold and the radio goes off. It's a shame as I started off liking him.

Have you heard the Jon Lord Blues Project (Live) ?

"The Blues Project is a group of old friends, delivering high quality British rhythm’n'blues the way it was always supposed to sound. Jon Lord Blues Project is a blues band consisting of Jon Lord (Hammond organ), Miller Anderson (guitar, vocals), Maggie Bell (vocals), Zoot Money (keyboards, vocals), Colin Hodgkinson (bass, vocals) and Pete York (drums).

The CD was recorded at Rottweill, Germany on May 14th, 2011, and features the following tracklisting:

01. Back at the Chicken Shack
02. Houchie Couchie Man
03. Wishing Well
04. It Never Rains But It Pours
05. Fog On the Highway
06. Lazy
07. Walkin’ Blues
08. Way Down in the Hole
09. Houston (Scotland)
10. Respect Yourself
11. When a Blind Man Cries
12. I’m a Man"
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:19 am

Martin,
I haven't heard Jon's band, it is the Ex- Deep Purple Jon Lord?
I will give that album a listen too, thank you.
So BBC Radio seem to have push Mr Bonamassa's music too much, I haven't been listening to Radio 2 too much so I wasn't aware of this.
Cheers for the details.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Martin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Yep, 'tis Jon Lord from Purple.
He's battling cancer now, I believe.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Lookining forward to the Joe Bonamassa concert at the Sheffield Arena Sat. 24th March.
I have now watched this brilliant guitarist's popularity rise each year, hence the reason he has to play in larger venues each time he tours the UK, apart from last year as he cancelled the Nottingham show.
If you want to catch him in Edinburgh, at the Usher Hall , on the 27th March, you'll have to be quick as the show is practically sold out! The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall will be your best bet, on 4th April.

There is, currently, a lot of great music from JB. Black Country Communion have released a live DVD and CD from last years tour(which I missed) plus there will be a new studio album from this Supergroup later this year, JB also has a new studio album due later plus a live DVD release very soon.
Sorry Martin, but I'm afraid that you can't keep a great guitarist down!

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Martin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK !
I must confess to owning "No Hits, No Hype, Just The Best", I can get on with that, just as long as Paul Jones shows mercy and gives us a break from him.
Frosty, did you hear that Bugs Henderson died last week ? That's another very fine blues/rock artist we've lost.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc