Concert Ticket Prices

Have your say....

Concert Ticket Prices

Postby Frosty » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 am

The price of a concert ticket has rocketed during the past few years .Could this be due to insurances,agent booking fees,venue charges or groups having to recoupe costs from the Tour rather than album sales?
Ticket prices,for ''The Super Groups'' are round about £50.00,I'm not sure about Festivals etc.
However Gordon Giltrap is playing Coal Aston Village Hall , similar size to Peninver Village Hall,and I have just secured a ticket from the lady selling them.
She was very apologetic in telling me ''...that the price,I'm afraid, is £6.00 , but we will include tea and biscuits as it is so expensive , ''
Is there anywhere else selling tickets to see such an accomplised guitarist or musician for such a bargain price , I'm sure even Campbeltown couldn't compete with this price.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Concert Ticket Prices

Postby Frosty » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:50 pm

So what would £6.00 get me , apart from a cup of coffee and a biscuit?
Well,last night Gordon Giltrap came on stage at 1930 , there was only 6 guitars , a chair , mic and a box of pedals etc.The loudspeakers were no biggeer than the Hi-Fi speakers in you average home.
He played , he dosn't sing anymore,nobody noticed when he stopped so he was happy with that, songs from all his albums,plus tracks from Queen,Deep Purple , The Beatles and Paul Simon.
He had an interval at 2030 , but he came off stage and talked to anyone who wanted to speak to him , as we all enjoyed our refreshments.There was a book that you could request any song from his back catalouge , which he would consider playing in the second half.
He started playing the 12 string again at 2100 with the final song played at 2230.
He then came off stage and held further discussions and autograph signing for the audience.
I must say that for someone who is in his 60s he certainly took a great risk in opening himself up to the audience in such intimate surroundings,however I do not think there were any mistakes or bum notes to report.
Well done Gordon for such a memorable evening , I enjoyed it an awfull lot more than watching the so called musicians miming through their lyrics during last weeks Brits.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc