Desperate Housewives

Have your say....

Desperate Housewives

Postby Govangirl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 am

Yup, I'm definitely one! I can honestly (and often do) miss anything off the TV except this! I have seen every episode since it started and it's the best written show on telly - I love it! I'm on here because tonight was the best episode for AGES! And I don't care if no-one likes it and Martin and Horse slag it off because they would be much happier if they watched this every week and then they wouldn't have to write depressing poetry / lyrics, no matter how good they are!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, when I watch DH I always drink a glass of wine!!!! As you no doubt can tell!
And I would like Mike Delfino in a fireman's uniform for my Christmas please!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Desperate Housewives

Postby Ags » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 am

One thing I haven't got into GG - I saw the first series then didn't watch any more! Why?? I really can't remember!! A lot of friends and work colleagues love it!! My only excuse is that I am too busy anticipating Dr McDreamy and Greys Anatomy on a thursday night :oops: :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Lossit Lass » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:22 am

I'm one too, GG!! :lol:
Suppose they held a war and nobody came?
Lossit Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby linda_j » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:56 pm

Totally agree GG its the best programme on tv just now.....:D
linda_j
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:51 am

Lossit Lass wrote:I'm one too, GG!! :lol:

Are you very much in front of us Lass? We got the episode the other night (a brilliant one) where we found out that Edie's husband saved Mike out the fire he started because that's who he's after!

Can you imagine calling out a plumber and Mike Delfino turns up? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Lossit Lass » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:01 am

Govangirl wrote:Are you very much in front of us Lass? We got the episode the other night (a brilliant one) where we found out that Edie's husband saved Mike out the fire he started because that's who he's after!

Unfortunately I missed tonight's (Sunday's here) episode, GG :( I got busy getting things ready for monday :!: but I think they reshow it sometime the following week...I hope! Anyway, last week's was a bit ahead of the one you just saw, sounds like we're 1 or 2 episodes ahead with it maybe?? It's a good story line, for sure!!!

btw, I heard it's been renewed for 4 more years?! Quite a lengthy commitment, huh?!! No complaints here, I love it!

Govangirl wrote:Can you imagine calling out a plumber and Mike Delfino turns up? :oops: :oops: :oops:

:shock: :shock: :D :D 8)
Suppose they held a war and nobody came?
Lossit Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:06 pm

End of the current series tonight and it was fantastic! Had me on the edge of my seat BUT was sad he ended up in a mental hospital. I think it would have been better if he died and went to his family.
And surely - please, please - Mike married Susan????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Love DH, bit of lighthearted fun with a sort of 'moral' story thrown in. I've watched it from the start and most of us in this household here in the sunny southside enjoy it.

Bit far fetched at times but hey who cares? it's TV. Wish i stayed in Wisteria Lane!!!
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Bobh wrote:Love DH, bit of lighthearted fun with a sort of 'moral' story thrown in.

Agree :D I love the bit every week at the end when Mary Alice narrates the 'moral' bit. My favourites:
"The world is filled with unlikely friendships. How do they begin? With one person desperately in need and another willing to lend a helping hand. When such kindness is offered, we're finally able to see the worth of those we had previously written off. And before we know it, a bond has formed, regardless of whether others can understand it. Yes, unlikely friendships start up every day. No one understands this more than the lonely. In fact, it's what they count on."

"There are so many things we wish we could tell the young. We'd like to persuade them not to grow up so fast, but they won't listen. We want to tell them that beauty fades, but they refuse to believe it. We warn them that their actions will have consequences, but still they defy us. Sadly, the young can't begin to understand the world is a dangerous place. So it's up to us to do anything we can to protect them. Absolutely anything."

"Yes, each new day in suburbia brings with it a new set of lies. The worst are the ones we tell ourselves before we fall asleep. We whisper them in the dark, telling ourselves we're happy...or that he's happy...that we can change...or that he will change his mind. We persuade ourselves we can live with our sins...or that we can live without him. Yes. Each night before we fall asleep we lie to ourselves in a desperate, desperate hope that, come morning, it will all be true."
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc