X Factor

Have your say....

Re: X Factor

Postby numberplease » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Yep, lovely voice, but more cut out for musical theatre than the pop scene, methinks.
As for tonight`s programme, the Irish lady, Mary, the Tesco checkout girl, was abnsolutely superb, and I also liked the girl who was on last, the one who fell apart in 2008. The rest were mostly rubbish, especially the Michael Jackson wannabe!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm with you there Numberplease, Mary Byrne from Dublin was fantastic!! Anastacia the girl at the end was good when she sang the Adele song and there was the painter guy who did Amy Winehouse and was quite good!! I'm loving my Saturday nights at the telly :) Now catching up with Biffy Clyro and Mumford and Sons at the Reading Festival from Friday nights BBC3.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby numberplease » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:48 am

I don`t think that Mary can win though, as she doesn`t fit the pop image, but she deserves to, so far, anyway.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Looking forward to seeing who the final 12 are tonight. Matt the painter is my favourite at the moment.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby numberplease » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 pm

I liked him best as well in his audition and in last week`s programme, but my allegiance has switched to Aiden in the boys. My favourite girl is Gamu, best over 28 Mary Byrne, and I like 2 of the groups, Belle Amie and Reason. I haven`t picked out an overall winner as yet. I felt a bit sorry for Cher, but I hadn`t got her down as a winner, not my type of music. And I really do NOT like the Italian lad, Nico? not sure of his name, he`s far too full of himself. I liked Katie at first, but she`s starting to be a little annoying now.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:40 pm

2 out of my 3 favourites have gone through in the boys section, all 3 of my favourites in the over 28s, 1 in the groups, and as I only really liked Gamu amongst the girls, I`m very disappointed that she didn`t make it, I completely disagree with Cheryl`s choices. Out of the last 12, my favourite 3 are Matt Cardle, Aiden, and Mary Byrne.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 pm

There's no Stacey Solomon or Jedward,so I will not be watching.I stopped watching after this years auditions,always the best.The one who stood out for me during the auditions was John Adeleye.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:32 pm

John Adeleye is through to the live show Bill.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby JenniferG » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:04 am

Think it was a real shame for John to go on Saturday, should have been Wagner. Apparently there is a group on facebook trying to keep wagner in (just to make a fool of the show) Matt is the best in the competition by a long shot..
JenniferG
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby numberplease » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm

I know she doesn`t stand a chance because she doesn`t have "the look", but in my humble opinion, Mary is head and shoulders above `em all as far as talent goes. But I`m sure she`ll do well through sources other than X-Factor, I hope so, anyway.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby katya » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I happened to watch this last night and wondered if anyone else noticed the reaction of the judges to Jamiroquoi's (sp) performance? Any time I have seen the show before, they always give a standing ovation to the guest singers (even if they are crap), but they all sat firmly in their seats and seemed rather underwhelmed...
Of course it is silly that Wagner is still in, but in the snippet of his performance and Belle Ami's 'survival' song, the backing vocals were so loud it was difficult to tell what they were singing.
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bobh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Katya,

Apparently the lead singer jk (sp) stated that both Cheryl Cole and Danni Minogue were 'pointless' and they've taken the huff.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby numberplease » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:13 pm

I wasn`t really bothered who went out of the last 2, but when are folk going to stop voting for Wagner?
MARY TO WIN!!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 pm

We noticed that too Katya but I also read what Bohb has posted!
Love Matt and we have been routing for him since the auditions but I thought Rebecca Ferguson was fab on Saturday night, and it was also good to see that Cher actually has a good voice.
Wagner has to go next week!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby numberplease » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm

PLEASE!!!!!!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc