X Factor

Have your say....

Re: X Factor

Postby katya » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Oh I see! That makes sense then bobh, I just assumed they were a bit peeved because he seemed less than sober, but now it seems he actually burst their egomaniacal bubbles.
And they are certainly not pointless - what on earth would the red tops and gossip mags do without them? :lol:
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 pm

I don't watch it now but things went a bit awry last night and I volunteered the big telly for my daughter so we could have a girly night. Of course, that meant watching the Simon Cowell Show. It was very hard to keep zipping it as my wee one banned me from commenting if I was going to be negative but honestly, every act was pure dross and I could sing karaoke myself better in some cases. The 'expert panel' :lol: say things to them like 'You've just shown that you can sing' Whit? :<> So can the acts that perform in my local pub - AND a whole lot better AND they play their own instruments AND sometimes they even write the songs themselves! Jeez, pay me a quid and come in my shower every morning and hear ME sing!!!!! The programme is embarrassing . . .

UNTILMatt Cardle sang.

OMG I haven't been moved like that by a voice since well, that choir singing about how they loved their Grandma :lol: Seriously, what a fabulous rendition of a beautiful song. That guy is so, so talented - he knocks all the other acts into a tin hat, end of.

Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:31 pm

I agree GG, last night`s show was absolutely dire, even my favourite, Mary, but after the happenings of the past week involving the horrible Wagner, she can be forgiven for being a bit off-stride. I too love Matt Cardle, but hate the falsetto aspects of his singing. His rendering of the first half of the song was so beautiful, but the second half wasn`t anywhere near as good, but that`s only IMHO. Please, please, let Wagner go tonight, he makes a mockery of it being a singing? contest!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc