The Boss!

Have your say....

Re: The Boss!

Postby Ags » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Govangirl wrote:It just occurred to me today that when we see him in Glasgow, he'll be 2 months away from his 60th birthday! :<>

But doesn't he look good on it :wink: He will still storm onto the stage and play for a minimum of 3 hours :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Not sure what the curfew is for Hampden concerts - 10:30? 11:00? :?

If he goes without support I reckon there's about 3hrs max, they all need to go off for some Horlicks at half-time :D
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 pm

He never normally has a support these days Sheik and with the gates opening at 5, even with their horlicks break, I think he will manage 3-3 and a half :D
I'll tell you on the 12th July...think we are still going to do Dublin with the rock-chick then go to Hampden without her!!
TYM - that means I will be on the phone in the next few days when I find 5 minutes to spare :)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ags » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Not long to go till Hampden folks! Have you been checking out the set lists from the conceerts so far?? Looks like being another brilliant concert! I can't wait!! Iain has a Q magazine today with a huge interview, there are some nice pictures GG :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Ags, I got an e-mail from his website tonight to say about the interview in Q - it said the magazine called a Springsteen concert "the greatest show on earth." I'll have to get it tomorrow - just to read the article of course, not to drool at the photies!!!!!! :wink:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:44 pm

I see Q music channel has a couple of hours dedicated to the man on Saturday night from 7pm! Sky+ is set as I hope to still be having some retail therapy at the time!! Hope your hotel room has channel 364 GG :)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:34 pm

I've only just caught up with things Ags and missed this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr :twisted: How good was it?

Only six more sleeps and I'll be in the Great Man's company again!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday he's headlining Hard Rock Calling at Hyde Park, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Haven't seen it yet GG - like you, I am on a catch up after the weekend! Sheik - Hampden's curfew is most definitely 11pm! My camera shows 10.50pm when Take That's fireworks were lighting up the south side on Sunday night! And did somebody tell me Hampden isn't licensed anymore?? It most definitely was on Sunday when I was sipping my diet pepsi surrounded by crowds of people(women) drinking pints of wine!! My halo is still sparkling :)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Ags - it might be different at the weekend :? I believe Murrayfield has different curfews for midweeks vs. weekends. Not sure if Hampden is the same. Regardless, I'm sure he'll take it to the limit.

Remember going to see him at SECC on the Lucky Town tour, and the Management switched the lights on when he was still playing. He eventually said he had to stop as they were threatening to switch the power off on him :lol:
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby maganru » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Does anyone know who the support is at Hampden?
mos
maganru
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Maganru - it would be unusual if they had support.
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rainbowsprite » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:02 am

Ags and Govangirl

I quite often read this thread and have a little giggle to myself when you are on about The Boss. Sorry!!! :oops:

I saw his surprise appearance at Glasto on the telly last night.........and just want to say I now see what you are both on about.

For an older man he is mighty fine!!! :wink:

Will need to try and catch his real glasto appearance.

Govangirl I hope you have a fantastic time tonight and Ags when you see him in Hampden :D :D :D
Last edited by rainbowsprite on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
rainbowsprite
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:15 am

Rainbowsprite, I am just about to go out the door but have to reply to that great post. You must have seen him with The Gaslight Anthem - wasn't that just fab? I love The '59 Sound and it must have been brill for these New Jersey town boys to have The Boss on stage with them. But what a treat you have if you haven't seen his main show, it was fantastic!
I must say folks, I thought his playlist was a little surprising with a festival crowd and thought he'd go for the more classic songs over, say, Outlaw Pete. Saying that, it was cracking live! And I hope he'll play American Land tonight again as it gets the place rocking! Only bad point was how frail Big Clarence looked - he could hardly walk.
So Ags and I will be glad to have you as a convert in our Church of the Sacred Saint of Our Bruceness. You seem a lot younger than us Rainbowsprite so it is actually amazing when all ages recognise what a fit and sexy man he is just months off his 60th birthday. Did you see those girls stroking his thighs last night Ags? HRT and Primrose Oil combined weren't enough to ward off severe hot flushes, the lucky wee besoms!!!!! :evil:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rainbowsprite » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A while back a friend of mine tried to tell me what a great performer he is....never really took on board what he was saying. As a guy he didn't explain to me just how hot Bruce is :roll:

Gosh, nearly sixty he is a few years older than my Dad. Will need to try youtube to see what he was like when he was younger......but I have to say he is maturing very well! :wink:
rainbowsprite
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Laughing my socks off ladies!! Rainbowsprite, we have two spare tickets for Hampden if you want to see the great man live! Believe me, he is much more handsome as a "mature gentleman" than he was as a young thing! I'm quite a recent convert too, Iain has been a fan for many many years but it was really only when I saw him live 3 years ago that I became equally as hooked!!
Going to a Bruce Springsteen concert is on the "official" list of things to do before you die!!
Govangirl I hope Hyde Park is rocking as much as Glastonbury was last night, it was a cracking show, and I have to agree Outlaw Pete was superb live! We look forward to hearing whether the HRT and the primrose oil, and maybe a wee gin or three keep you cool and calm tonight :lol: Has Clarence just had a hip replacement?? Think I read that somewhere.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc