The Boss!

Have your say....

Re: The Boss!

Postby Ags » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:47 pm

OOPS - and thank you Sheik for the heads up on Voadfone, how rude of me to forget to say :shock:
Is it through the VIP thing they do?
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 am

Ags, why stress out about work? Come down for HRC (see how I know all the jargon? :lol: ) and stay awhile!! :D Plenty of room here at Ceol Na Mara!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 am

Got tix for HRC. Mrs Sheik and Little Miss Sheik will also be in attendance.
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 pm

So did I Sheik!!! 5 altogether, Including those for a lovely wee family from the wee toon!! I am so excited I could burst!!!!!!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:12 pm

WOOHOO!! Thanks GG, I owe you big time and will get a cheque off to you shortly! :D
Excellent Sheik that's great news!! An initiation for another new wee fan!! Hopefully we can all rendezvous!!
Iain also tried for tickets for Manchester on Saturday morning, (he wants to go to 2 concerts again), but by the time he got through at 10.40 it was sold out!!
We are just home from seeing Coldplay in the SECC last night and OMG they were AMAZING!!!! I know you're not a fan GG but tell Caitlin to get tickets to see them on her Santa List!! The band must have been on cloud 9 last night with the reception they received in Glasgow! The whole place was jumping from the minute they came on stage and everybody was still singing on the way to the exits!
Chris Martin actually thanked the crowd for "turning this place into The Barrowlands tonight"!! Praise indeed for the big shed :D
I have been to more concerts than I would care to count over the last 25 years and last night was up there with the very very best of them! and the girls loved the smashed guitar......very rock 'n' roll 8)
Next......roll on HRC (I can do the lingo too :lol: )!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:38 am

We've had a slight change of plan, and although Little Miss Sheik will still be accompanying us to London, we're not going to take her to HRC. Therefore we've got a spare ticket if you know anyone that might be interested?

Won't have any probs getting rid of it on Ebay closer to the time, just thought I'd offer it on here first.

PS. I assume she'll be OK waiting for us outside Hyde Park? She'll be nearly 10! :lol:
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:48 am

Sheik - K is undecided if she wants to go to the concert too but doesn't want to miss out on the trip so at 13 she will be fine with the supervision of Missy Sheik on the pavement!! A bucket of popcorn, some juice and a couple of quid should see them ok? Must get a cheque off to GG this week or she will be selling my tickets to the first bidder and none of us will be going!
Santa brought tickets for Iain for Manchester too. Unfortunately it's a school day so I can't go with him.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From The Rolling Stone magazine, February issue:

Bruce Springsteen is close to announcing his 17th studio album and a U.S. tour with the E Street Band. Springsteen's manager Jon Landau tells Rolling Stone that the record is an ambitious "big-picture piece of work. It's a rock record that combines elements of both Bruce's classic sound and his Seeger Sessions experience, with new textures and styles." Music was played for Sony recently, according to The Hollywood Reporter, whose source described the songs as having "unexpected textures – loops, electronic percussion... influences and rhythms from hip-hop to Irish folk rhythms."

The disc was produced by Ron Aniello, who has previously worked on albums by Candlebox, Jars of Clay and the last LP by Springsteen's wife, Patti Scialfa. Members of the E Street Band play on the album, along with a variety of outside musicians, including Tom Morello and possibly former Pearl Jam drummer Matt Chamberlain, who has often recorded on Aniello's projects. "It was an experimental effort with a new producer," says Landau. "Bruce and Ron used a wide variety of players to create something that both rocks and is very fresh."

According to Landau, the record has "social overtones" – although it was largely written before Occupy Wall Street began and doesn't directly address the movement. The LP also has a "very pronounced spiritual dimension," adds Landau. "It extends and deepens the vision that has animated all of Bruce's work." According to The Hollywood Reporter's source, "[Bruce] gets into economic justice quite a bit. He feels it's the angriest album he's ever made."
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Govangirl wrote:Bruce gets into economic justice quite a bit. He feels it's the angriest album he's ever made."

Much as I love the man, it must be a helluva lot easier to be angry at economic justice when you're worth $200m! :)

Will come back to you with plans re HRC and we can organise a get-together in a nice, wee, quiet 'boozer' somewhere!
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 pm

True, true, Sheik but just to be boring, Brucie knows what it's like and he has never been your usual wealthy 'celebrity' superstar. Have you ever heard him sing Pete Seeger's 'How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Hard Times and Live?' - it is inexplicably and profoundly haunting and makes no difference whatsoever that a rich man is singing. He feels it, I feel it, I'm happy to contribute to his millions. :D

And your suggestion about a boozer - didn't Ags tell you? Mr Govangirl and I don't drink. :wink:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Govangirl wrote:And your suggestion about a boozer - didn't Ags tell you? Mr Govangirl and I don't drink. :wink:

That's why we get on so well :lol:

Heard the new single "We take care of our own" from the album "Wrecking ball" on Radio 2 tonight as I was on the swim run. Loved it! Welcome back Bruce :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Ags wrote:Heard the new single "We take care of our own" from the album "Wrecking ball" on Radio 2 tonight as I was on the swim run. Loved it! Welcome back Bruce :D

Is that what the new album is called Ags? Will have to listen out for it.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

And here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Bz0d2x ... e=youtu.be

(That youtube thingy never works for me!)
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 am

Possibly because after you click on the "share" button you then have to click on "options" and tick the" long link" box.Then after post reply on the forum ,click youtube button top right hand then paste url in between youtube brackets.

Hope that helps

Last edited by bill on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:21 pm

I heard the new single last night, on Radio 2 Simon Mayo's show, while stuck on the A1 just north of Catterick.
Very impressed, probably the sound I had hoped to hear and I'm looking forward to see the Boss standing on stage playing that song.
Has there been a release date for the new Album? I haven't been able, lately, to keep up to date with the Music or F1 industries, so I'm totally reliant on this wonderfull Forum, with it's gorgeous members( GG, Ags, Bill , T.I. and The Big Man) to keep me informed of the latest gossip.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc