The Apprentice

Have your say....

Re: The Apprentice

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:45 pm

I thought it was brilliant at the end when they were all hugging each other, fast forward one week and the clinches will be the same, it's just that next time, instead of patting each other on the back - they'll be stabbing each other in the back. They're all so fake :wink:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Well, a few hours to go before we find out. Sadly, I think it will be Claire but I wouldn't hire one of them myself. Can any of them really be worth a hundred grand? :roll:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 pm

I can't believe it!!!! I really was surprised and was glad too as Claire upped her arrogance in this episode. I had rated Lee earlier but after last week's discovery that he had lied on his CV I thought he didn't have a chance. Don't know what others think but I would NEVER employ anyone in my business if they did that. Quite a shock really.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:45 pm

....... and here was me thinking EVERYONE lied on their CV :wink:
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:....... and here was me thinking EVERYONE lied on their CV :wink:

Well, CV.....Naked Cycling...... what's a lie or two, Sheik? :wink: :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 am

Well, I would rather employ a lassie who was capable, but a bit mouthey (I think that's a good trait) than a cockney wide boy, who's been shown to be a liar.

I cannot believe that Claire didn't mention that, in the Board Room, last night. Her ultimate downfall. I would employ her any day of the week. She's a doer and a getter, not a taker.

When Suggary said "Lee---you're hired" I thought I must be watching the wrong show.

I think that he's playing to the masses now. Don't think I'll watch the next one.

But that's just my opinion.

And I don't like smileys...............
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 am

I think he could have gone for either of them. To be fair Lee had never been in the boardroom, Claire had been in practically every other week. I think therefore when he looked at it over the entire series - Lee was more consistent than her. She either gets on everyone's breasts or wasn't doing what was expected of her during the tasks, or both. Not a majorly endearing quality. Would agree with Sugar that she did show moments of brilliance, but not enough to make up for her defficiencies.

Would I rather have a dependable, consistent employee or a gobby one, who's probably going to be a managerial nightmare but has the occassional flash of brilliance? I'd choose the Lee-type character I'm afraid.

When Sugar made his decision - I didn't know what Lee was going to do, I thought he was either going to pass-out or pull back a mask to reveal himself as some sort of alien - it was a bit of a strange reaction.

Will tone down the smilies for you Rab :mrgreen:
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:57 am

Rabmacd wrote:Would I rather have a dependable, consistent employee or a gobby one, who's probably going to be a managerial nightmare but has the occassional flash of brilliance? I'd choose the Lee-type character I'm afraid.

"That's what I'm talking about".

Sheik, I think that a lot of people have just seen the gobby side of Claire and perhaps decided that they don't like her. She went through a transition over the twelve weeks. I would take the dependable, consistent, gobby one.

In the "You're Hired" programme afterwards, Sir Alan said that this apprentice would be heading up a team who were going to promote the sales of video advertising boards in the London and other Underground systems. I know who I would rather have heading that team.

And "--- Lee McQueen"--it wouldn't surprise me if that was a stage name. Was he naw in the Magnificent Seven.

I haven't shaved this morning--I've decided to be a modern Metrosexual, but the only cream I've got is ice cream. Hold on---I think I've got an auld can of my fethers Brylcreem somewhere. :wink:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:18 pm

I was quite shocked too but really enjoyed this series! Lee hadn't been in the board room at all which obviously was a lot to do with him being chosen!
Was rushing out the door this morning as Claire was being interviewed on telly. I heard her saying she couldn't believe till she watched some of the shows back how utterly "gobby" she was :? (another wee face - sorry rabmacd)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Ags wrote:Me too Govangirl - but at least if she isnt hired Karen Brady is going to give her a job :roll:

Well, you're right Ags - Brady has hired her and at a bigger salary than Lee!!!! Who's laughing now?
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:09 am

So Ags, who's it going to be this year?
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I haven't a clue Mr B!! Some of them haven't even opened their mouths yet!! And then there's James who can't seem to shut his!! Have you any ideas yourself??
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby kintyre 84 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:55 pm

The Apprentice is my absolute favourite TV programme. I just love it and think that one hour is not enough per week.
My opinions on this year's gang are slow and I am agreeing with Ags in that some have not shown enough personality. I have gone from loathing Philip to loving him after he stood up to Debra and backed Lorraine to the hilt over her presentations. Easy to critisise isn't it!!
Anyway I might back him for the boys but unsure who the best girl is.....Think I will wait till next week to decide.
Feel as though I am auditioning for the programme right now as I am studying Business for a HNC and am stuck at my desk doing Marketing case studies..... what a horrible way to be spending Easter Weekend. What am I doing on here I hear you asking!!! Exactly!!! Signing off now...I promise! 8| 8| 8| :<>
kintyre 84
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 pm

The big bloke, from the North East -canny man--Philip.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:03 am

I quite like Philip and so far he is probably the best out the boys. All the reports in the press etc are saying there is definitely a female winner this year as they are the stronger candidates......not sure about that if their canapes were anything to go by :shock:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc