40TH. ANNIVERSARY

Have your say....

Postby Dr Doob » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 pm

indeed, but that song was on the la peste demos & the dvd was out b4 Outlaw,
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Johnny Clash » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:49 pm

Dr Doob wrote:indeed, but that song was on the la peste demos & the dvd was out b4 Outlaw,

have you got the demos? go on post something brilliant, go on, go on, go on..................
Johnny Clash
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby mrmi5shoes » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:49 pm

so did he post you anything? and can you send it to me
mrmi5shoes
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:18 am

general jack o'niell wrote:christy moore is just a man singing a song, johnny cash's version stops you in your tracks and you can hear the emphasis in every single word and phrase, you can actually feel cash's hurt as he sings it.

aye i know, complete p!sh, i just prefer cash's voice singing it, usually i would favour the writer, with the exceptions of dylan and willie nelson, everybody sings their songs better, now i can add moore, tho i do like his voice, its as good as its always been

Trent Reznor wrote the song :shock: . Its the closing track on the Nine Inch Nails album The Downward Spiral, released in 1994.

Here's what Reznor himself said:
I pop the video in, and wow… Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps… Wow. I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore… It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. [Somehow] that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning — different, but every bit as pure.

Opinions are like arse holes though, everybody's got one. I just prefer the quiet/loud dynamic in the original. There's also the fact that I'm a contentious sh!te.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:17 am

NIN FTW
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc