It's a wonderful life...

Have your say....

It's a wonderful life...

Postby Tom B » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 pm

I was surpised to be able to watch the whole of this film online here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7967299162 without having to download the film, just seemed to be streaming as we watched it, and for free. Managed to connect up to the new telly, so was as good as having it on DVD.

Looked on video.google but couldn't find a directory of available feature films, anyone got any advice on whta's available - even to pay per view?. Was I able to watch this film 'streaming' because it was in b&w?

Cheers
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:08 pm

interesting, i used the search to see if i could find the film that was shot in the town in the early eighties, i think it was called "a drop in the ocean" but i've never met anyone who ever saw it?

purely selfish reasons, one day during filming i had a net strung out along the pier so i was in the background while they were filming, a job that should have taken two hours took all day as they kept asking me to move back to the beginning when the were shooting, for continuity reasons, it starred that great old scottish actor james copeland, father of james cosmo, the girl in the film, had a hit comedy on tv "three up,two down" or something like that and was on one of those failed soaps a couple of years ago with her hair bleached, lysette anthony i think her name is?

anyone ever seen this film?
general jack o'niell

Postby daftdog » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Not seen the film and it seems not many people could have as its got one of the smallest ever listings i have seen on the Internet Movie database website.. the only credited cast member is Lysette Anthony

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188576/
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:42 pm

fat lot of good that site is, want to know more? just give us your credit card details
general jack o'niell

Postby daftdog » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:01 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:fat lot of good that site is, want to know more? just give us your credit card details

hahahaha... never bloody happy is the general..

I was only pointing out how successfully the film must have been.. Even "A Shot at Glory" has a better showing and it was a turkey.. so does "White Nights" which had a few scenes shot locally..
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:30 pm

general jack o'niell wrote: ...... the girl in the film .... lysette anthony

Really General - I never knew that she was in the town. :shock: :shock:

I used to fancy Lysette Anthony rotten when I was a young sheiklet :oops: Don't think she had the same feelings for me tho', certainly not after the restraining order anyway :cry: :cry:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:37 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:interesting, i used the search to see if i could find the film that was shot in the town in the early eighties, i think it was called "a drop in the ocean" but i've never met anyone who ever saw it?

purely selfish reasons, one day during filming i had a net strung out along the pier so i was in the background while they were filming, a job that should have taken two hours took all day as they kept asking me to move back to the beginning when the were shooting, for continuity reasons, it starred that great old scottish actor james copeland, father of james cosmo, the girl in the film, had a hit comedy on tv "three up,two down" or something like that and was on one of those failed soaps a couple of years ago with her hair bleached, lysette anthony i think her name is?

anyone ever seen this film?

Fulton McKay was in it
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc