Sicko the movie

Have your say....

Sicko the movie

Postby Tom B » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:17 pm

No, not from Irvine Welsh but just out in the states from Michael Moore (Fahrenheit 9/11) - heard a review on the radio tonight driving back from work. All about the profit motive in the US health care system - doctors checking you have insurance before treating you sort of thing, and if you don't.......

.....and then, insurance companies not paying up .....

Apparently will make you very glad for the NHS

http://www.sicko-themovie.com/

Interested if any forumites in the states have seen this, is this representative or a biased view from Moore?
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:18 pm

Streamed it online a couple of months ago. It's very good, right up until he starts the Bush bashing, which is completely irrelevant, and kind of spoils it.

Otherwise, be glad you have the NHS.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:27 pm

too right, i just found out getting a new illness saves a fortune on prescriptions now, the one i already had wasn't fatal enough or something, i'm keeping the drug industry in business single handed, aye, that one too!!! £70 a month it would cost, you widnae be able to afford to get insured, not that i could anyway

it's called a pre existing condition by the insurance firms, only cure apparently is to stop breathing, or the old hiccups remedy of sticking your head in a bucket of water three times and taking it out twice, both work quite well, hang on? thats another one
general jack o'niell

Postby Tom B » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Sweltered,

Would the folks in the states pay $9 a gallon for petrol in exchange for an NHS equivalent?
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:10 pm

No, but we would be glad to spend the trillions of dollars earmarked for Iraq.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:56 pm

Unfortunately Bobbie, even if the Demopcrats win, there will be no change to the Health industry. The Dr's wouldn't stand for it, and Hilary is hand in glove with the drug companies....
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc