Postby Friend of Dorothy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:39 pm

What a night, what a voice.
Click photo to hear for yourself!
There’s no place like home.......
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby sconeface » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:42 am

what a beautiful voice and song, it made me cry just listening to that little bit, did he sing at George Bests funeral?
sconeface
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:15 am

Yes he sung at George's funeral, that was an amazingly moving event. He also sung Vincent at that and the other guy sung 'Bring him home' from Les Miserables. It was hard to keep any sort of composure. Asked Brian to come and sing here and he is just waiting for an invite.
The set in Glasgow was acoustic with only himself and Callum McColl on stage. Callum is the son of the late Ewan McColl and brother of the late Kirsty. Brian does a great version of Ewans composition 'First time ever I saw your face'. New album out this month, called 'Interpretations'. Hope I can convince you to become a fan? :D
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby sconeface » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:54 am

Thanks Dot for all that, I have heard a little of hime before, but will buy his new album and look for some of his previous too, am I right in thinking that you are friends with him, if he came to Campbeltown it would be amazing
sconeface
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:07 pm

I wouldn't say im a friend, just a huge fan. I have spoken to him via his forum and in person in Glasgow. I have tried before to encourage someone from the Festival Committee to invite him but wasn't taken on. I am really going to push though. He is also an accomplished author with 2 great novels under his belt. 'The Arrival of Feargal Flynn' and the sequel 'Roman Song'. I said to Brian on thursday night that I felt there were some unanswered questions at the end of 'Roman Song'. He just winked and said 'watch this space'.
There is a brilliant web site run by a woman in Edinburgh, this is the official site.
There is also a DVD of him live at The Waterfront in Belfast, you can get most of his stuff on play.com or amazon. Failing that PM me with your name etc and I can do you a compilation of my favourites, by way of an taster. :wink:
Meanwhile, check this out. I just found it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8X3SGBXbA
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc