Crap lyrics

Have your say....

Crap lyrics

Postby ChrisA » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:26 pm

This could run for a while .... What lyrics bug you? Could be because they are lazy, bad grammar or just crap? Here's some of mine ..

Oasis - 'Champagne Supernova'. "Slowly walking down the hall faster than a cannonball". So, then. Slow or fast? IS a cannonball fast? Nah, more sorta cumbersome I would imagine. Basically, why make such a crap analogy up just for the sake of rhyming summat with 'hall'?

Elton John - 'Your Song'. "If I was a sculptor, but then again, no". Er, if you are going to dismiss the idea THAT quickly then was it really worth mentioning at all eh Elt? Awful lazy lyric spoiling a classic song.

Howard Jones 'What Is Love'. "What is love anyway, does anybody love anybody anyway".
Yeah mate, good idea, rhyme 'anyway', with 'anyway' and you cant go wrong.

James Blunt 'You're Beautiful' "There must be an angel with a smile on her face when she thought up I should be with you". :roll: :?: "WHEN SHE THOUGHT UP I SHOULD BE WITH YOU"? :lol: :lol: :lol: Utter nonsense. From the biggest prat in showbiz. (Anyone see him on that live Earth thing? Talk about Mr Shifty)

Gary Numan - 'You Are In My Vision'. "Delicate bodies that decay beneath their clothing play cards in an empty house in Paris. :shock: PRETENTIOUS? NEVERRRRRRR. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:53 am

I couldn't remember who sang the song, but I did remember that the song somewhere rhymed ghost and toast. So I googled something along the lines of "cr@p lyrics ghost toast" and thankfully if came back and told me it was Des'ree's - Life.

Surely there can be no greater offender than the following monumental drivel......

I'm afraid of the dark,
'specially when I'm in a park
And there's no-one else around,

Ooh, I get the shivers
I don't want to see a ghost,
It's a sight that I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast
And watch the evening news

I'm a superstitious girl,
I'm the worst in the world
Never walk under ladders,
I keep a rabbit's tail

I'll take you up on a dare,
Anytime, anywhere
Name the place, I'll be there,
Bungee jumping, I don't care!
(Repeat Chorus)

life, doo, doot dooo
doo, doot dooo

So after all is said and done
I know I'm not the only one
Life indeed can be fun, if you really want to

Sometimes living out your dreams,
Ain't as easy as it seems
You wanna fly around the world,
In a beautiful balloon

PS. I was delighted to notice that it featured at the top on a couple of the "Worst Lyrics of All Time" forums that are going on!
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby king of kilcousland » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Though this was quite relevant to the thread:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20071009/ ... 7cb_1.html

Poor sting! Got to say the kaiser chiefs should really top that poll, "everyday i love you less and less, i cant believe once me and you did sex" blood boiling drivel!!!! :twisted: :evil: :x
How many mothers to cry?
How many sons have to die?
How many missions left to fly over palestine?
king of kilcousland
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc