Time for 5 Best Singles

Have your say....

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:45 pm

eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

no, can't do it, you'll have to give me a year or two to think this one over, maybe longer, fav five? of all time? how the hell are you meant to work that out, it can change even as your typing, mine is changing before i get to the end of a title in my head!!!!!

this might kill me, right, bite the bullet and just stick down the first five that come into your head in a random order, here goes nothing

blitzkrieg bop the ramones

rosalita (live) springsteen

space invader wizard hostage (ok so i wrote it, bite me!!!)

change is gonna come sam cooke

don't dream its over crowded house (oooooooohhhh, maybes, maybes noh)

can i change it?
general jack o'niell

Postby Tosh » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:47 pm

never been much or a one for singles but I'd probably go with...
Marillion - Market Square Heroes.. you have to love 20 minute b-sides
All About Eve - Flowers in Our Hair
John Otway & Wild Willy Barrett - Really Free
The Beautiful South - Old Red Eyes Is Back
Focus - Hocus Pocus
Tosh
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:49 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:Smashing Pumpkins - Today

Also notably Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With the Butterfly Wings.

Others must include:
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
Bloc Party - Banquet
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
Faith No More - Epic
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Jeest remembered how much I loved Fix You by Coldplay so I stuck it on, what a song, excellent lyrics, excellent 4 part harmonies when the band comes in, jeest trumboongus. May have to oust the Proclaimers fae No5
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:51 pm

Blah blah blah drivel poo tosh wallop groink
Last edited by Duke o' Ralston on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:30 pm

yes, it is, since most of the choices are, to use your phrase, pash, and it would only be a top five songs as chosen by a select few who made their choices way way too quickly, this week, ever!!!!! poll

apart from that theres best five songs, then the fav five songs of everyone the other side of the ralston rd divide, no similarity between them, except one is a list of brilliantly constructed songs both melodically and lyrically and the other is pash, and only heard in the schemes of the toon.

be happy to take instruction from the experts, no thanks is necessary, the service is provided free of charge
general jack o'niell

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:09 pm

Duke o' Ralston wrote:Jeest remembered how much I loved Fix You by Coldplay so I stuck it on, what a song, excellent lyrics, excellent 4 part harmonies when the band comes in, jeest trumboongus. May have to oust the Proclaimers fae No5

FFS that song you mentioned earlier by The Streetwalkers is better than anything by Coldplay. Jeez`has a couple of weeks off work affected your musical taste :D
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:29 pm

Wee Toon Ajax wrote:
Duke o' Ralston wrote:Jeest remembered how much I loved Fix You by Coldplay so I stuck it on, what a song, excellent lyrics, excellent 4 part harmonies when the band comes in, jeest trumboongus. May have to oust the Proclaimers fae No5

FFS that song you mentioned earlier by The Streetwalkers is better than anything by Coldplay. Jeez`has a couple of weeks off work affected your musical taste :D

You have a listen on youtube or wherever an tell me it's naw good "you crazy dutch b**tard" to quote Dr Evil!!
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:34 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:yes, it is, since most of the choices are, to use your phrase, pash, and it would only be a top five songs as chosen by a select few who made their choices way way too quickly, this week, ever!!!!! poll

apart from that theres best five songs, then the fav five songs of everyone the other side of the ralston rd divide, no similarity between them, except one is a list of brilliantly constructed songs both melodically and lyrically and the other is pash, and only heard in the schemes of the toon.

be happy to take instruction from the experts, no thanks is necessary, the service is provided free of charge

You're absolutely right Herr General, it was a pash idea brought on by a scatter o' halfs. Note to self, "Always put chainsaw through laptop before commencing session"
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:50 pm

Duke o' Ralston wrote:
Wee Toon Ajax wrote:

You have a listen on youtube or wherever an tell me it's naw good "you crazy dutch b**tard" to quote Dr Evil!!

lol just watched and its naw good :D What were you saying the other night about music for bedwetters - well the original quote was from Alan McGhee and was specifically about that lot, says it all matey.

Went to see Bright Eyes, now Conor Oberst compared to Chris Martin - nae contest.

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaV-nGQ5 ... ed&search=

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qikRcAiC ... ed&search=
Quality ma man
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:53 am

Wee Toon Ajax wrote:
Duke o' Ralston wrote:
Wee Toon Ajax wrote:

lol just watched and its naw good :D What were you saying the other night about music for bedwetters - well the original quote was from Alan McGhee and was specifically about that lot, says it all matey.

Went to see Bright Eyes, now Conor Oberst compared to Chris Martin - nae contest.

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaV-nGQ5 ... ed&search=

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qikRcAiC ... ed&search=
Quality ma man

Aye it's aw right, Leonard Cohen does it better though. :wink: BTW, I know that quote was for CP but you can't dismiss all material en mass, I still stand by Fix You being a crackin song, really emotional lyrically, and yes, I am a jessie :lol:
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:49 am

can't argue with that, jessie

not the coldplay thing, you being a jessie, thats a fact, you can take that to the bank

today?

elvis costello watching the detectives

skids into the valley

the only ones another girl another planet

blondie in the flesh

hostage Dr. Snuggles (ok so i haven't recorded it yet, only wrote it last night)
general jack o'niell

Postby dr-sanchez » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:42 am

anything by NWA

True enough Walt, Complete Control by the Clash is another tremendous track, as is Babylons Burning by the Ruts. More recently, The Killers 'Read My Mind' is my favourite song from this year, 'Face for the radio' by the View is another cracker and My Chemical Romance, 'Black Parade'(think that was last year), christ where do you stop.

my chemical romance? :shock: shocking band...shocking
dr-sanchez
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:28 am

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!

Anything by Eazy-E, he's gangsta, w00t. I know it him that killed Tupac.

Mike Patton - Raped on a bed of Sand

The only real white gangsta is Mike Patton. He'd fit more in NWA if they reformed than Ice Cube would!
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:36 pm

never thought chewing your own tongue could be interesting till i read that last post
general jack o'niell

PreviousNext

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc