Films that were partly shot in Kintyre....

Have your say....

Postby bill » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Just a bit further up the road at Inveraray you had Michael Caine and Roger Moore in Bullseye.Michael Caine had already filmed around Inveraray previously in Kidnapped.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Buzz Lightyear » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:58 pm

not so much a film but hoot aboot the ionfamous paddy Wivell, Campbeltown programme...noo theres a talkin point....where are they now????
To infinity & beyond, & even at that do one!!!
Buzz Lightyear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Entrapment - partly filmed in Oban
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby petewick » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Stone Cold aka Doags Bs wrote:Entrapment - partly filmed in Oban

When Eight Bells Toll was filmed on Mull, final scenes around Duart Castle.
Entrapment fimed at Duart as well, clan seat of the MacLeans.
Sean Connerys mothers maiden name was MacLean.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ChrisA » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:39 am

Er, 'Mull Of Kintyre' .... shot in Sadell Bay. Will that count?
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Nomad » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:07 pm

Monty Python and the Holy Grail- filmed partly at Castle Stalker near Appin.
Nomad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:29 pm

I have been so busy reading the running thread when not actually running that I have missed loads going on here! Nearly missed an opportunity to boast...
My daughter has recently had a small part in a film called Sessions of the Mind which has been partly shot at Machrihanish. Kirstens scenes were on the beach in front of the golfcourse but some filming was also done at the Gauldrons. The film is a project of independent film maker Uisdean Murray - a friend of a friend and a very talented guy. Kirsten worked with two fantastic actresses Jo Menzer and Joy McAvoy (sister of James McAvoy). They were all hugely supportive and extremely nice people. You can check it out at www.allaroundtheworldbaby.co.uk - can't wait to see the finished product
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:31 pm

i saw them film the wee microlight scene for james bond on the rest as a child, can't remember the year? 68 69?

then theres that famous kungfu movie from the seventies by that world renowned hong kong based shaw brothers studio, with oldest brother runrun shaw in charge, i think it was filmed in davaar ave
general jack o'niell

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:19 pm

i remember an episode of sutherland law which was shot locally also a film which never saw the light of day called "a drop in the ocean" can't remember the name of the girl in it but she has been in a comedy with him that palyed the german soldier and had another show as a detective with him from the comedy with him with the big ears that played doc martin< morrisey guy? two up two down? i think. she was in a soap that finished recently "family affair?" had short grey hair.

anyway, the late great james copeland was in it too, he's james cosmo's father. i was in the background in several scenes as i was mending a net on the pier while they were filming and they had to use me as i wouldn't move (net had to be finished, bugger the filming) it was supposed to be previewed in the picture house but never saw the light of day. can't remember when this was but must have been mid eigthies
general jack o'niell

Postby the phone girl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Ring of Bright Water was in fact filmed in Oban and Easdale. My dad helped with the scene where Virginia McKenna had to untangle some swans supposedly from wire. My dad was the person who tangled them up (not actually in wire he was the SPCA man so wire was out). Some people from my class were also in it. I saw the star being taken for a walk on his lead,,, the otter that was. Sutherland's law was a programme about a rural Fiscal which was also fimed in and around Oban and the old Fiscals office was used as his office. I also have a picture of me in my lovely new anorak and in the background is the yacht they were using in When Eight Bells Toll. Better than living in Hollywood!!! :)
the phone girl
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Previous

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc