On a Clear Day

Have your say....

On a Clear Day

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri May 12, 2006 10:29 pm

Has anyone seen On a Clear Day set in Glasgow? Going to see it in a few hours.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Sat May 13, 2006 10:29 am

Hoots it aboot?
Pete Reek

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sat May 13, 2006 7:47 pm

Apparently a middle-aged shipyard worker from Glasgow is made "redundant" from his job and goes into somewhat of a crisis, and comes up with the brilliant idea of swimming the English Channel. I didn't go last night as intended, but may go later today.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Sun May 14, 2006 10:00 am

This film has been out on DVD in the uk since January and is a typical british film.

I thought it was a good movie, but then i like these kind of films anyway.

The synopsis: Frank (Peter Mullan) is a hard-working 55 year-old, respected in his local community, who suddenly finds himself without a job. For the first time in his life, Frank is without direction. When his friend Danny (Billy Boyd) jokes that on a clear day he could swim to France, an idea is planted in Frank's mind. Concealing his plans from his loving wife Joan (Brenda Blethyn) Frank determines to put his life back together by attempting the ultimate test of endurance - to swim the English Channel. In so doing he cements a broken relationship with his grown up son.

Cast: Peter Mullan, Brenda Blethyn, Jamie Sives, Billy Boyd, Sean McGinley,
Ron Cook, Jodhi May, Benedict Wong

daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Daft Dog!

Postby Annie » Sun May 14, 2006 11:37 am

Thanks for posting the link. It looks like a great movie. Have to go to the video store and see if they have it here!

I love Blethyn and Boyd!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sun May 14, 2006 5:32 pm

I think its just being released in the US Annie. You'd love the theater I go to. No one under 18 allowed unless with parents because they serve beer and wine and regular food. You actually get served at your seat. This is where they show artsie/independent and foreign films, usually winners or nominees from film festivals around the world. Anyway, nothing like being able to watch a good movie and share a bottle of wine or be able to have a beer with your popcorn.

The reason I asked about the movie is because it is set at the shipyard in Glasgow apparently, at least in the first scenes. I thought someone might be familiar with it and know of an interesting tidbit I should watch for.

Anyway, seems either work or play has interfered with me seeing it the last 2 days, so I'll report back when I see it :)
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc