Simple Minds Live 2013

Have your say....

Simple Minds Live 2013

Postby Frosty » Thu May 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Just wondering if any Kintyre Forum members were lucky enough to catch one of the Simple Minds concert this year?
I was very fortunate to get Front Row, center, seats for their show at Sheffield City Hall a few weeks ago. One of the best concerts ever! The Band are certainly '' Alive and Kicking '' , very popular - all shows sold out - and an Arena Tour, with Ultravox, booked for November.
Two new songs,'' Broken Glass Park'' - which they opened with , leading straight into ''Waterfront''- and ''Blood Diamonds'' , later on in the show, are very good. The three stand out numbers from the Sheffield show, for me anyway, were ''The American'','' Love Songs'' and ''See the Lights.'' Talking of lights, the light show, even from the front, was fantastic. 2.5 Hours of their greatest hits, a final encore of '' New Gold Dream'', Sanctify Yourself'','' Space '' - into '' Alive & Kicking '' sent the crowd back to the Sheffield pubs and then home.
No voice at the end of the evening, a signed set list plus Charlies last solo plectrum were my reward for singing and dancing to every song!
Midge Ure next, followed by Rush. Roger Waters, Peter Gabriel then Steve Hackett, could not get a chance on a Springsteen ticket for Leeds so that is the only disappointment this year - though I am still trying!

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Simple Minds Live 2013

Postby Govangirl » Fri May 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Yes Frosty, I saw them in Margate last month - the concert was superb! The reason I enjoyed them so much this time was that they played all the great early stuff whereas a few years ago they played new stuff from their album. It was just like the old days (best time was at Ibrox!). The crowd were brilliant and I was hoarse too! (Where IS Horse now???? :o ) So, great review, thanks!
I'm going to try and load the video I took there - I went upstairs to film the crowd - but don't know if I can do it.
(And btw I have a spare ticket for Bruce at Belfast!)

Nope, I can't get the video to play, help!!!! :(
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Simple Minds Live 2013

Postby Frosty » Fri May 10, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm afraid that there is quite a bit of fROSTY, especially during '' Don't You...'' on the Youtube thingmebob from the Sheffield show! My daughter has had a great laugh, along with all her friends! You can see some of the photos on the other social media face thingy.
Now, GG, about Belfast! I'll drop you a wee note to discuss?
OK, an early night - then FP3 and Quali from Barcelona!! Come on Kimi....... and The McLarens too, hey, that's all on another thread!!!

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc