T in the Park line-up

Have your say....

T in the Park line-up

Postby Ranald » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:12 pm

This year's T in the Park is going to be headlined on the Saturday by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and by The Who on the Sunday night.

The other confirmed acts so far as the Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Primal Scream, the Ordinary Boys, Sigur Ros, Slam and Felix Da Housecat (eh???).

Not inspiring me too much :(
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby peenkles21 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:20 pm

Yeah hope they manage to get a few more big names before july, didnt go last year :( , but i think that it'd be a tough act to follow whoever they managed to get. Maybe the wee toon tellers would be availible :?:
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:24 pm

Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins are playing Summer festivals, so hopefully.

The starting line-up last year was just like that at the start, it got better within a week.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

T-In The Park

Postby Frosty » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Ranald,
Have The Who confirmed? If so that will be a great Sunday in Scotland.
I'm sure they are writing for a new album to be released this year too.
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ranald » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:29 pm

Aye Frosty The Who were one of the first band's confirmed at yesterday's announcement.

Not really into them but it should be interesting enough, provided they don't clash with someone else I want to see.

I hope their are some nice surprises coming up in the next few weeks re the line-up.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby peenkles21 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:30 pm

Franz ferdinand and the strokes confirmed.
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ranald » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:53 pm

Stone Cold aka Doags Bs wrote:The starting line-up last year was just like that at the start, it got better within a week.

Starting to get a bit more enthusiastic:

Placebo, Charlatans, Richard Ashcroft and Editors announced this week, amongst others.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:04 pm

I was actually a bit dissapointed, at this rate if V festival gets a better line up I'm selling up. I mean they already have Radiohead.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

T-In The Park

Postby Frosty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:22 pm

Hang on SCaDB,
How could you get dissapointed in seeing ''The Who '' in Scotland.
Anyway I'm off to see ''Thin Lizzy '' 22nd March in Sheffield, but I would have certainly booked tickets for ''T in The Park'' if I was in the UK that weekend .
Franz Ferdinand , am sure , will also be a great gig and , of course , the Arctic Monkeys. What a great weekend of great music and great beer.
fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: T-In The Park

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:05 pm

Frosty wrote:Hang on SCaDB,
Anyway I'm off to see ''Thin Lizzy '' 22nd March in Sheffield, but I would have certainly booked tickets for ''T in The Park'' if I was in the UK that weekend .
Franz Ferdinand , am sure , will also be a great gig and , of course , the Arctic Monkeys. What a great weekend of great music and great beer.
fROSTY

The Wgo... exactly I've only ever heard one song by them, would rather have Simple Minds.

Ok Arctic Monkeys I take it back, but it's guaranteed to be packed when they are playing.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ranald » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:43 pm

Stone Cold aka Doags Bs wrote:
fROSTY

The Who... exactly I've only ever heard one song by them, would rather have Simple Minds.

My sentiments exactly. Well, maybe without the Simple Minds bit. I'd rather have The Ecka :wink:
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:57 pm

Ranald wrote:
fROSTY

The Who... exactly I've only ever heard one song by them, would rather have Simple Minds.

My sentiments exactly. Well, maybe without the Simple Minds bit. I'd rather have The Ecka :wink:

You guys have only heard one song by the Who? I know you are from a different generation, but I am really shocked.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:13 pm

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:
Ranald wrote:
fROSTY

You guys have only heard one song by the Who? I know you are from a different generation, but I am really shocked.

I dare say if I heard some I might recognise them, but I really can only think of one song off the top of my head. I'd bet most of My Generation are the same. That's why I'll be nowhere the main stage when they're on.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:25 pm

I hear Richard Ashcroft is headlining NME.

Hope it's not Sunday coz that wouldn't be that great a finish
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

T in The Park

Postby Frosty » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:33 pm

Hi Ranald,
The thing about weekends like T in The Park is that the great diversity of the music ,which is present , allows you to plan your weekend to see whatever bands that you like.
I'm positive that your Generation are aware of more than one song from such a big band as The Who.
The music that The Who have produced has spanned a lot of generations .
Whether you're at the mainstage when they headline or not will not deter from the fact that The Who alone will sell out the Sunday and perhaps the weekend.
What matters is that you enjoy your music.
fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc