Jon Lord

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 pm

R.I.P.Legend!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Jon Lord

Postby Frosty » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Jon Lord, reaching 71 and still a very talented muscian. A great loss, what a sound he created with his keyboards.
I never had the pleasure of seeing him play live, however Smoke on the Water will always be etched in my mind.
So sad.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Frosty, earlier today I posted about Lord on the 'Great musical legend' thread (thought it might have been appropriate!) and have put on a clip of that on there to stir your memory.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby WC1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 am

Lately he'd begun writing orchestral/classical music which he recorded with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, marvelous stuff like the 'Durham Concerto' and 'To Notice Such Things', written in memory of the playwright and novelist John Mortimer. It's well worth a listen even if orchestral music isn't normally your thing and demonstrates what a talented and accomplished musician he was. Respect to his memory.
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Martin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:18 am

Back in the 1980's, around the time they brought out the Perfect Strangers album. I remember being sat in a pub, the George & Dragon I think, and seeing some activity on the very small area that bands used. Five guys took up their instruments and started to play. A couple of us said that the singer sounded like a very good copy of Gillan and then we realised, it really was Deep Purple. A good night was had by all.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc