Roger Waters '' The Wall '' Live 2011

Have your say....

Roger Waters '' The Wall '' Live 2011

Postby Frosty » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:37 pm

I managed to catch the last UK show of Roger Water's tour , in Manchester , Tues. 28th June.
Probably the most expensive , 1 night , concert I have bought a ticket for , and yet this breathtaking show was still massively underpriced!

Roger has not only managed to produce a wonderful , modern , reworking of the Pink Floyd masterpiece '' The Wall '' , he has added 90 minutes of sensory assault for everyone lucky enough to get a ticket.

By the end of the opening two songs fireworks( a display good enough to end any other concert) had greeted Waters , a messerschmitt had flown the length of the Arena( before crashing into the stage in flames) and a 35ft. tall inflatable Teacher waved a giant cane at a group of school kids. Then there was the giant pig floating around the audtorium ,''the Helicopter '' , the full quadrophonic sound system wizardry ,the fold out Hotel Room and not forgetting the 40ft. high , 240ft. wide wall. The projected images , which were constantly projected onto its surface , as it was getting built in the first half and once fully built during the second half , were crystal clear.
The second half of the show , performed behind the wall , was outstanding. '' Comfortably Numb '', with some breathtaking 3 - d effects as Roger banged on the wall, was incredible and after '' The Trial '' the line we had all been waiting for for sang in unison '' ...... TEAR DOWN THE WALL'''.
The wall fell in an absolutely magical way , leaving the 21,000 members of the audience on their feet waiting for Roger and the band to return in front of the wall for the final song.

They have just announced a series of dates in Australia and New Zealand in 2012 . I'm not sure if he will ever tour again after these shows , I'm sure his Pension Funds are now well and truly topped up , however it is certainly a concert that I would go to see again .

Stunning doesn't begin to describe it.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Roger Waters '' The Wall '' Live 2011

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:00 am

A great review Frosty. A lot of it reminded me of early Genesis (with Gabriel, not that t*at Collins).
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Roger Waters '' The Wall '' Live 2011

Postby Tosh » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:02 pm

I caught the show twice once at the O2 (missing Dave Gilmour's guest appearance by one show) Then again in Manchester and as Frosty says it was a truly awesome show.
Welcome...
Back to the circus...
Tosh
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc