ENGLAND TO WIN THE WORLD CUP

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: ENGLAND TO WIN THE WORLD CUP

Postby chrisduffy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:01 pm

TYM wrote:At least Shearer and Lineker are English so I can understand their passion. Hansen on the other hand played for Scotland and both Lawrenson and Townsend played for the Irish Republic but still constantly use "we" and "us" to talk about England.

Lawrenson and Townsend were both born in England, Hansen however has no excuse! :wink:
chrisduffy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Regarding Germany's second goal. None of the TV pundits mentioned it but why on earth did England right back Glen Johnson run out of the way of Podolski's shot?
If he had continued running towards his own goal he could well have blocked the narrow angled effort. Instead, he suddenly veered back out towards the 6 yard line leaving the goal empty.

I suppose he was anticipating a cut back by Podolski but there were other defenders about, surely guarding the goal was more important.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Well that was predictable! What a lesson in total mass delusion. Thank goodness I can now safely go back into Tesco and keep my sanity. That overrated, overpaid bunch who are living in the past were totally outclassed, they didn't play as a team at all. Germany showed they can play as a unit but these ego-maniacs play as individuals...and not even well! All the arrogance, all the deluded predictions, all the money that’s thrown at them, all their pretentious cr*p, all the harking back to 1966 and England forgot one thing: how to play.
Well at least tnow hey have their reality check because this shows where in the pecking order they really are in international football. I feel sorry for the fans.
I’ve had it rammed down my throat for months now about this ‘world class team’ that loses 4-1 in the World Cup finals 2nd round! Not for one minute did they look world class.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bassett » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:02 pm

THEY THINK IT'S ALL OVER............... IT IS NOW :lol: :lol:
bassett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Guid wan Bassett.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:37 am

If I was Ken Bruce I think I would want this morning's play list to sound something like this..................

Homeward Bound.........Simon and Garfunkel

It's Over....................Roy Orbison

Happiness..................Ken Dodd

What a Wonderful World....Louis Armstrong

Welcome Home...............Peters and Lee

All right Now................Free

Dancing in the Street......Mick Jagger/David Bowie

I like It........................Gerry and the Pacemakers

Tears ........................Ken Dodd

Goodbye-ee.................Peter Cook /Dudley Moore

Yesterday...................Beatles

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:00 am

ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:37 am

4th gen Suthen' wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8783206.stm
another myth bites the dust! :lol:

Good post 4th Gen. Yes, it is as if other countries don't play in the champion's league and have a domestic league and cups!

What was interesting about the Germany v England game is that everyone of the England players play in the Premiership and everyone in the Germany team DOESN'T! The Premiership is bummed up to be the best league in the world by the pundits but reality is it is far from it. Coverage with Sky etc is probably the best but that is about it.

As for supporting England well I just don't get why people think Scots should because we are British. England are our oldest footballing rivals in the whole world so it is natural to support the other team. (England however, see Germany as their biggest footballing rivals... :? ). It would be like Chelsea supporters supporting Arsenal in the Champions league just because they are English and same with Celtic and Rangers. Doh! (though Celtic and Rangers fans should hope each other do well to keep the co-efficient up!)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat