Craig Levein

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Craig Levein

Postby smiles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Apparently he will be unveiled as the new Scotland manager. Not sure about this one at all. What has he achieved?
smiles
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Craig Levein

Postby blueboyno1 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Another big mouth .He has started his sh@t before he even signs up, demanding he has a say in all aspects of the team .

He is another it's ma baw an yer naw playin.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:55 pm

blueboyno1 wrote:He has started his sh@t before he even signs up, demanding he has a say in all aspects of the team .

:lol: Surely that makes him a prime candidate then BB1? We don't need someone who is going to be Peat and Smith's lap dog. We need someone who is going to take the job and have total control of team matters. You only have to look at the incident at Loch Lomond in March to see what a farce was caused by the manager not having total control.

Not convinced by his appointment (but not sure I would be with anyone just now) but do like his ideas on youth development etc which apparently he wants to work on with the SFA.

Think he also comes over well in interviews which is good too. You only had to let Vogts and Burnley open their mouths and you lost interest which made you wonder how they could command respect in the dressing room.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:05 am

Not my first choice as i stated on another thread. But was my second. He's his own man and over the years has had his disagreements with the SFA. So hopefully that will continue. I wish him the best with what he's got at his disposal at this time.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:44 am

He certainly has the backing from a lot of players (past and present) and got the green light from all the premier league managers so has to be given a chance.
Or come to think of it, what do that lot know or even care about the Scottish job, maybe they want him to take it so they dont get asked to themselves, why cant we just go for a manager who is available instead of forking out a fortune to poach a man who has a full time post.
Rant over, and now I would like to wish him every success in his new roll, cause he is going to feckin need it.
Wonder if he can get us back into the top 50, that would be a good start.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby John A » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:15 am

Ninja Mania wrote:Wonder if he can get us back into the top 50, that would be a good start.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranki ... nking.html

Wow! he already has, what a man :D
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:56 am

Och big John your too knowledgeable for this forum, you should be a radio presenter or something like that, your talents are wasted, and in the words of Wee Eve, you,ve a face for the radio. :lol:
Dont know where I read 56th or 58th but I guess it was in my dreams. :oops:

Lets say top 30 then, now there,s a target, and round about where we should be. :<>
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the ringmaster » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:44 pm

I think Levein will do a good job and will steady the ship after the Burley disater but would have liked to have seen Billy Davies get the job as I think he is a very underated manager but then again I hoped he would have got the shout before Burley but our loss seems to be Notts Forests gain..
Craig Levein in my eyes will always remembered for breaking Graham Hoggs nose :D
the ringmaster
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby the big man » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:19 pm

big mistake to take the job on would have been better getting a few more years in as a club manager first, but fair play it takes a brave man to tackle the scotland job, ill give him a year then the fans will drive him oot, too big a task too soon craig? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Tosh » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:20 pm

the ringmaster wrote:our loss seems to be Notts Forests gain..

I think you'll find the only team who's name starts with 'Notts' is Notts County.
Welcome...
Back to the circus...
Tosh
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Jock Strap » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm

the big man wrote:big mistake to take the job on would have been better getting a few more years in as a club manager first, but fair play it takes a brave man to tackle the scotland job, ill give him a year then the fans will drive him oot, too big a task too soon craig? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Team hasn't changed that much in the last few years so perhaps he can rekindle what Smith and McLeish did?
Jock Strap
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Sport Chit Chat