George Burley

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

George Burley

Postby blueboyno1 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:48 am

What is your thoughts on the decision to keep George Burley on as Scotland manager .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: George Burley

Postby The modfather » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:54 pm

The only reason he kept his job as there is nobody else who would take the job at this time
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:38 pm

He has to go now.

That was woeful today. In fact horrendous.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:29 am

A shocking display. The team lacked passion, pride and after the first goal went in chucked it. There is a lack of ability but George Burley has not got enough to get the best out of what he has available.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby kbm » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Time do do the decent thing and GO!!
Kevin McCallum
kbm
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 am

I think a number of players have to have a good look at themselves too.

McFadden is a passenger. Produces flashes of brilliance but on the whole is one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched!

Caldwell and McManus are mince.

Hutton and Fox - great going forward but actually not very good defenders.

Ach its just mince in general.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hume » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 am

I've defended him until now but its gone too far for him to turn it round. Time to move on.

The players must accept a lot of the blame too, but unless we change the manager I fear there will be many more performances like that.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:04 am

Hume wrote:I've defended him until now but its gone too far for him to turn it round. Time to move on.

The players must accept a lot of the blame too, but unless we change the manager I fear there will be many more performances like that.

Yeah totally agree.

Burley will also be made the scapegoat when the SFA should be having a serious look at themselves. Smith, Peat etc....gtf!

We have went from 4th seeds to 2nd seeds now potentially into 4th seeds again in the space of 5 years. The SFA need to look at that and ask THEMSELVES why this happened. We had the easiest qualifying group for a number of years (to earn runner up spot) and ended up third to Norway who took 4 points off us and they are mince too!

Right, rant over, time to head to work!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:Burley will also be made the scapegoat when the SFA should be having a serious look at themselves. Smith, Peat etc....gtf!

It's about time the Tartan Army started directing it's ANGER at the SFA.
Get rid of them FIRST !!!

It's pointless sacking Burley until the whole SFA set up is addressed.
Even if Scotland had a decent manager and got a run of results, it would only help camoflage that there's a huge problem the way things are run.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby DOUBLE A » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 pm

Hume wrote:I've defended him until now but its gone too far for him to turn it round. Time to move on.

Much the same as my thoughts, after the nightmare of Oslo thought definitely time to go, 2nd half V Macedonia and Dutch game had 2nd thoughts but after the disgrace of Saturday can see no way back, looked to me as though he has lost the players completely, many of who must take the blame for what happened in Cardiff

Edited to say, Now gone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 361602.stm

Next question, who next for the hotseat :?:
" on the road tae Drumlemman "
DOUBLE A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby the big man » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:49 pm

time for burley to step down , nice guy and all that but he is not a natural leader of men. scotland will strugle to find a new manager,no one in their right mind would take over that pub team, have seen more talent at a kick aboot on kinloch park :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby £3.73 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Just to echo what I said earlier ... Burley going may or may not improve things in the short term.
What is needed is a review of the entire SFA set-up.
It's a ridiculous situation that Gordon Smith and co should be holding reviews of the managers position on a game to game basis. What kind of signals does that send out to the team and coaching staff ?

Review the entire structure of the SFA & it's management of the game from grass roots level upwards.
GET RID of all the jobsworths, hangers on, and all the blazers that travel everywhere with the squad.

I'm not sorry to see the back of Burley ... however his dismissal is like putting an elastoplast on a broken leg.
COMPLETE FARCE !!!
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Well at least he is gone .Now it is up to the Scotland fans to start calling for the @rseholes who are running the S.F.A. to be fired .

Who would you all like to see as the new manager .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby FACEMAN » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Hows about the hearts manager as a potential outsider?He has got some international experience under his belt.
I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!
FACEMAN
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby sentrano » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:20 am

Not sure about Lazslo but I dont really fancy any of the candidates that have been mentioned. I've always thought Levien is far too overrated. Dundee Utd have been below the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts since hes been there yet gets so much adulation, remeber he made a mess at Leicester as well. Definately not Jim Jefferies either!!! As for Smith, he wold probably settle the ship as he did last time but wouldnt bring us forward, it would be deja vu all over again.

I think Souness was wrong when he said earlier that even Wenger or Fergie would struggle as we have a poor pool of players. Apart from Aaron Ramsey, none of those Welsh players are better than ours, we just need somone who can get a starting XI which doesnt have 7 changes from the previous game and get a suitable system...sounds easy enough :lol:

I wanted Burley so the S.F.A. should prob go for Jeffries now :lol: wouldnt mind Owen Coyle as he can get the best out average players, just ashame these days that the Burnley jobs more appealing!!!!!!
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat