Home Internationals

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Home Internationals

Postby Tom B » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:54 pm

How great for a return of home international football matches! The excitement at these annual spectaculars was tremendous. Maybe the team of late 70s 80s was better than now, but how popular could these matched be. Was it just violence that stopped them, and is that not largely over now?
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Home Internationals

Postby gizmo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 pm

I would love to see the home internationals back. I used to go regularly and dont really remember any violence (lots of excessive drinking mind you). Even the goalposts game didnt have any violence that I saw...
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:06 pm

With no hope in qualifying for anything perhaps this is a good idea again!! 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:With no hope in qualifying for anything perhaps this is a good idea again!! 8)

Yes,but only for Scotland/Wales and N.Ireland.

England World ranking..7th/N.Ireland..30th/Scotland..46th/Wales..78th.

Do not see the benefit for England,especially when the Rangers supporters rampage in Manchester is still fresh in English memories.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby History » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:06 pm

bill wrote:Do not see the benefit for England,especially when the Rangers supporters rampage in Manchester is still fresh in English memories.

Same could be said for numerous European countries who don't feel the benefit when English lager louts go on the rampage. English "fans" seem to have difficulty behaving everywhere they go. Even their domestic trophies are not free of violence like that seen on October 12 between Milwall and West Ham where someone was stabbed.

The ranking doesn't count for much when nobody wants the baggage that comes with the English team.
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:03 am

History wrote:The ranking doesn't count for much when nobody wants the baggage that comes with the English team.

Obviously the first three posters on this thread disagree with you,as they are all in favour of the Home International series starting again,which ofcourse would mean the English fans crossing the border.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat