How many sports coaches post 2014?

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

How many sports coaches post 2014?

Postby Tom B » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:23 am

I read this article and thought it was really good, and asks the question 'What will the legacy of major sporting events be to future 'on-the-ground' coaching?' From what I read plans are afoot to ensure that post Commeonwealth Games in 2014 there will be support for a network of local coaches in a range of sports, and it sounds like money is being targetted to people and not not white elephants. http://theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/ ... r_2014.php

But what will be the legacy of London 2012 - the whole Olympics circus to me has got completely out of proportion - £9bn?! - and what effect on local sport? I know anecdotally of applications to Awards for All to help develop local sport that are being knocked-back, as money is alledgedly going to projects for London 2012.

This article asks a good question "GIven that we're spending £100m's on the 2012 & 2014, how many coaches in each sport will be supported beyond these events" One to watch.......
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat