John Hartson

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

John Hartson

Postby blueboyno1 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Sad news indeed about the former Celtic player and Welsh internationalist John Hartson having cancer ,he was only diagnosed at the weekend and is now under going emergency brain surgery .As an ardent Rangers supporter i hated him when he played against us ,but he was a worthy opponent and i would not wish this horrible disease on anyone ,let alone a young family man like him .My thoughts are with him and his family.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: John Hartson

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am

I think, because he's been about since a teenager, that it's easy to forget that he's only 34. The news yesterday the disease had spread and he had to undergo emergency surgery, made the outlook even bleaker.

Tragic news for a young man with three young children.

Finally, I always thought he was respected by alot of Rangers fans, because he genuinely did want to sign for you. He won many a battle on the pitch in his day, but my god this is a big one. Thoughts and prayers.
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: John Hartson

Postby JAFFA » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:28 pm

A few years back I had the pleasure of picking John up in my taxi from a local pub. I took him some distance to his home and what a pleasure it was. A really nice chap and my heart goes out to him.

kind regardfs Jeff
JAFFA
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Sport Chit Chat