Formula One

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Formula One

Postby bill » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Great result for Jenson,with McLaren and Ferrari back among the points the Red Bull threat has now receded.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Great to see Hamilton back on poll today with that lovely smile! A great result too though for Button and I hope, with a month off, they manage to get his car back on form! Fingers crossed for Felippe, and I hope Button pulls off a few more wins this season!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:12 pm

PUSH THE BUTTON 8)
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 am

There were signs at the last Grand Prix that McLaren had managed to find some solutions , I'm sure that had Lewis not collided with the Red Bull he would have had the best start ever and managed to score points.
Yesterday was fantastic , what a pass on Webber after keeping his head during the start.
He then went on to control the race as only he can .
McLaren and Ferrari back at the front , though for how long?
Lewis did do Jenson a huge favour , but the Red Bulls are still biting at his bum,it will make for a exciting run to the end of the season.
Lets all hope that Filipe recovers and all is OK for the future , his wife and family must be very concerned.

fROSTY
Last edited by Frosty on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:08 pm

:<> Help ma boab, this will frighten the lot of them:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 172310.stm

I can't believe he would do it, however much money is at stake as what if he's no good? The car is very different now! And surely he's got enough on his plate with being The Stig? :lol: On the other hand, how exciting would it be!!!!!!!?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 am

BMW are to withdraw from F1 at the end of the current series.

Renault are to appeal against their one race ban.

Alonso could be the surprise choice to cover for Massa at Ferrari.It is widely expected he will be in the Ferrari next season, so if Renault are willing to let him go early,especially with the one race ban that Renault face.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Bill,
There has been so much speculation about Fernando Alonso going to Ferrari that one day it maybe true.
However wouldn't it be great , and hopefully something good will result from Filppes accident , if Michael Schumacher would return.
Seeing him race against Kimi , who actually replaced him , in the same car , racing against Lewis Hamilton , now that McLaren have given him a car to race with , plus racing against Jenson in a Brawn ( Ross and Michael were a great team at Ferrari ) wouldn't that bring spectators back to the circuits and a larger audience for the brilliant BBC.
I hope he seriously considers a return untill the end of the sason.What a last few races that would be !

Lets all hope that Filipe recovers as quickly as possible and that he can enjoy bieng a father and all that it entails.

fROSTY
Last edited by Frosty on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:36 pm

I think Schumacher has too much to lose Frosty but I so agree with you. The excitement may be even too much for me! It would certainly bring more punters in to what I think is becoming a less exciting sport. There are quite a few changes I think need to happen in F1 but for now, if he really did return for the rest of the season, I would be ecstatic! :D
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Frosty wrote:Bill,
There has been so much speculation about Fernando Alonso going to Ferrari that one day it maybe true.
However wouldn't it be great , and hopefully something good will result from Filppes accident , if Michael Schumacker would return.
Seeing him race against Kimi , who actually replaced him , in the same car , racing against Lewis Hamilton , now that McLaren have given him a car to race with , plus racing against Jenson in a Brawn ( Ross and Michael were a great team at Ferrari ) wouldn't that bring spectators back to the circuits and a larger audience for the brilliant BBC.
I hope he seriously considers a return untill the end of the sason.What a last few races that would be !

Lets all hope that Filippe recovers as quickly as possible and that he can enjoy bieng a father and all that it entails.

fROSTY

Frosty,personally I think that the injuries that Schumacher has sustained while messing about on a motorbike will hinder him from returning to F1.Remember drivers experience severe G-forces as they corner, accelerate and brake,especially on the neck muscles when cornering.
Obviously we all wish Fillipe to a full recovery.Only time will tell if he will race again.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm

It has just been on the BBC 6 o'clock news - Ferrari have confirmed Schumacher is replacing Massa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!! Now it really gets exciting!!!! :D
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:40 pm

I think you are jumping the gun a little."Michael Schumacher has shown his willingness,and in the next few days he will undergo a specific programme of preparation at the end of which it will be possible to confirm his participation in the championship starting with the European Grand Prix." So as of now it is not a foregone conclusion.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Frosty,Alonso is understood to have already signed a pre-contract agreement to join Ferrari as a replacement for Kimi Raikkonen next season,Not Massa
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 am

Bill,
It certainly looks like Michael Schumacher has decided to race for Ferrari due to his loyalty to the team in these unfortunate times.
This could be the kick in the backside that the Ferrari garage needed as he would be the ideal candidate to come into the team and hit the ground at 200mph. He knows all of them and more importantly he knows the car.
If Ferrnando has a Ferrari contract in his back pocket , are they now looking for a second driver? Could they offer Michael a seat for 2010 if they find that he is good enough?

It certainly will be a great race in Valencia,I am like you Govangirl , really looking forward to seeing that battles between the McLaren of Lewis and the Ferrari of Michael as everyone thought that this could never hapen after his retirement.

Great to read that Filipe's recovery is going great and he could be out of intensive care soon.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Good to see that Massa is on his way home to Brazil looking a lot better than could have been expected.

Good to see that three teams have thwarted Ferrari's attempt to get special treatment for Schumacher to get in some practice.He is either good enough or he is'nt.

Good to see Nelson Piquet Jr. has finally got the push from Renault.Obviously he is'nt good enough.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:12 pm

schumi to win a race before the end of season oh yes watch him give the other drivers a lesson on how it should be done, he may not be in the best car but hes going to pull some mega takeovers, his true driving quality will shine threw its not all about the car , button will not win another grand prix this year the other manufactures have caught up with thier development of their cars and are currently showing brawn a clean pair of heels, nice to see lewis back to winning ways where he should be on the top step of the podium mclaren will go from strength to strength now . red bull are looking handy as well . watch the red car go at the european grand prix come on schumi u been away to long :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<>
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat