Formula One

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Formula One

Postby Frosty » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:36 pm

I was convinced that Lewis would stay at Mclaren, the decision must have been made through the advise he has received from his managenent?!? Perez to McLaren, the Woking office did well to get that announcement out before anything else, I can see that will be benifical to both. Why not Paul Di Resta, or could he be in with a shout for Massa's seat?

Michael could do a another year, taking the vacant Sauber drive? It certainly is the seasons end Musical Seats finale!!

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The Insider » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Told You,

What do I know, nothing by the looks of it.

Last week my mate was TOTALLY convinced that LH had signed at Merc, I thought it wouldn't happen and that Mac's would keep him as it was HIS team, looks like the deal was signed a couple of weeks ago.

As for Perez to Mac's?????? Wrong again, the Sauber boys were sure he was of to the Spags in a deal to pay for the engines.

I'm now rebranding myself on the Forum as 'The Outsider' :lol: :lol: :lol:

F1 is just too unpredictable now.

TO :(
We're here for a good time, NOT a long time, so keep it lit and never quite.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Insider » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 pm

On a different note,

After the offer of doing 'Flyaway Early Set Up Crew' with one of the teams and the politics involved, which (to be honest) were not to my liking, I decided to sit the rest of the F1 Season out and focus on other projects.

HOWEVER; This morning at 0800hrs the phone rang, Japan calling, HRT are a man down from India onwards.

SO, I'm coming off the Sub's Bench to do a bit on Race Team, four races only, it's a bit like coming on with ten minutes left of a football match, but hey, they need some quality :lol:

I hope I've still got it :shock:

TI....Super Sub
Last edited by The Insider on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby the big man » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm sure you'll manage fine T I enjoy yersel
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm

T.O., not anymore, back on The Inside T.I. !
I'm sure that is exactly what HRT need, a bit of quality and you're the man.
Nice one, keep us informed, please.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 am

No loyalty from Hamilton.Hope he never wins another race.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Insider » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:40 am

Bill,

I didn't see qualy but assume your talking about the fact he was very lucky to avoid the humiliation of a Q1 exit ?

Throughout the year I always thought the way season was panning out that Alonso would go on to be champion but it's now looking like Newey has found even more tricks in this RBR car.

They (RBR) were very strong at the start of the season then the FIA said no, you can't have this engine mapping system, then there was the adjustable ride height saga, at that point I really thought they were heading for 2nd place in the drivers championship but it now looks like they have found another tweak with the double defuser.

You would have to say that Seb is heading for his third title but you NEVER know, anything can happen and normally does.

I wonder how RBR will play it tomorrow? Will Mark get the car off the line? Will he yield to Seb to help him in the drivers title push, it might see some uncomfortable team orders but who really knows.

There is also some other interesting stuff going on:

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157

NEVER a dull moment, IS THERE???

As for me, I fly to Madrid next Friday evening to hook up with the team on Saturday afternoon then we are on a 1500hrs flight to Delhi.

I'm looking forward to the four races, it's been six years since I actually worked at a GP weekend in a Race Team guise so it will have changed some, I'm sure the basics are the same so I should be fine.

I'll get on the forum when I can over each race weekend to do a little blog about how it's going.

TI.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Otter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 pm

bill wrote:No loyalty from Hamilton.Hope he never wins another race.

Very grown up remark!
The Otter
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Bitter End » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 am

From the BBC this morning - - -
" World champion Sebastian Vettel is set to join Ferrari in 2014, while Felipe Massa will stay with the Italian team next season."

Hoot nixt ?
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Insider » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 am

Bitter End,

Seb going to Ferrari HAS been hovering around for a while, I guess we have all read the rumours in the press now and then.

However; there IS a bigger picture here.

Jean Todt took over at the FIA and has been hammering everything behind the scenes, every new part on that RBR car is scrutinised, then either BANNED OR reduced in efficiancy.

Look, I've said it many times before, the FIA are EXACTLY the same as the FA, they want the team in red to win every week, it's ALL about viewing figures and that means CASH, lots of cash.

Todt has been angling getting Newey to Ferrari for two years now, he won't give in till he gets him placed there and even better if it's along with Seb and Alonso.

Sadly it's all a big money game.

I'll keep my nose to the ground at the races and see if I hear anything else of interest.

TI
Last edited by The Insider on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:12 am

The music has stopped, now everyone is running around looking for a seat that's not taken. It's the F1 version of musical chairs!
Sebastian to Ferrari in 2014 was penciled in earlier this season, as T.I. and I have discussed earlier in this thread. It seems to be part of the new Ferrari Team principles. Including using Toyota's old wind Tunnel and changing key personnel. They are now going to , if Alonso will drive for a Team with equal cars, finance their second car to equal values that has normally , since MS days, only been given to the No1 driver. It will cost a lot of money, however they can afford to go down this route to try and maximise their return to all the rule changes in F1.

RBR have, once again, managed to change their car for the better, no matter how many times they get judgements against them! There is certainly more than the double DRS working efficiently, Adrian Newey and his Team have came up with a few gems. Interesting to see him, during DC's grid walk, taking a lot of time studying the Sauber prior to lights out yesterday!

Hope you have a safe journey out to India and any time you have for us ''Kintyre Forum F1 Thread fans'' will be very much apprieiciated, T.I.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The Insider » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:18 pm

fROSTY,

Don't worry about me and the Forum, thats why I'm on here, to offer people back home a view from the inside.

I CAN'T wait to see Jordan and give it to him about his tinted wig he had on yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep you all posted.

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Insider » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Leaving for India today via Madrid.

It's going to be an interesting week for Force India F1 Team, I'm sure their boss will be all over the headlines again and I'll be in the thick of all the shenanigans as well as working on with the team that has the only Indian driver in the pitlane.

Can't wait for the craic with all the lads, it's going to be fun.

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 pm

WOW!!!Massive increase in entry fees for F1 teams next year.

Looking at last year's world championship standings, it means teams will see their entry fee costs rise from last year's standard rate of 309,000 Euro ($397,899) to:

Red Bull (650 points) $4.400 million
McLaren (497 points) $2.985 million
Ferrari (375 points) $2.375 million
Mercedes (165 points) $1.325 million
Lotus (73 points) $865,000
Force India (69 points) $845,000
Sauber (44 points) $720,000
Toro Rosso (41 points) $705,000
Williams (5 points) $525,000
Caterham (0 points) $500,000
HRT (0 points) $500,000
Marussia (0 points) $500,000

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ostpopular
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:23 am

From the BBC ----

BBC Sport understands that the teams have accepted the change, although some are not especially happy about it.

Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn said: "We would be delighted to pay it because we would be scoring a lot of points.

In fact, if you're a mid-range team, and considering the fact that all the extra facilities that we pay for separately at the moment are rolled into that entrance fee, I think for a lot of teams it's going to be very similar [overall].

"It's going to make more substantial difference for those teams who finish in the top three or four of the championship. I was being a bit flippant, but obviously I hope that we can have that problem next year."
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat