Formula One

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Formula One

Postby Govangirl » Sun May 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Today's race: sorry but found it boring. If I'm right though, we've had a different winner every race so far - has that ever happened before?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Sun May 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Bang on gg probably the worst race I've seen in a long time , switched over after an hour and watched British superbikes from snetterton on eurosport , plenty of action there not like Monaco , no one was ever going to overtake webber or challenge him for the win , very disappointing race . :( :( :(
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby jdcarra » Mon May 28, 2012 8:46 am

Govangirl wrote:Today's race: sorry but found it boring.

Watched the race also, but would have been better out enjoying the grand weather (32 deg in the dale).
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Mon May 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Yes Govangirl,
Mark's win makes this the first Formula 1 season in history to feature six different winners in the first six Grands Prix.
I actually enjoyed the race, it was always going to be different from previous races this season, however Monaco always throws up a unique race. With only 4 seconds seperating the first 5 cars, from Mark Webber to Lewis Hamilton, I thought the top six drove their cars to the limit, their eyes must have been jumping out of their heads by the end. Romain Grosjean was so unlucky, spinning off the barriers after squeezing Michael Schumacher's Mercedes. The avoidance of that accident, and the decision to start on the more durable tyres, moved Sebastian Vettel up three places before the end of the first lap. That sixth place ensured that he was in first position after the frirst round of stops from the leading pack. The card played late on in the race ,by Toro Rosso Team, put Jean - Eric Vergne on intermediate tyres however the rain did not put in an appearance, gamble lost.
Kimi managed a few points more than I thought possible , after a bad strategy decision with his tyres. Bruno Senna in 10th and both Force Indias in the top ten too. Paul Di Resta has done his CV no harm, he must be in the search light of a couple of the Top Teams for a seat next season.
Just a mention and a massive congratulations to Paul's cousin Dario. What a drive from the back of the grid, after being knocked sideways in the pits, to take the chequered flag and savour the famous pint of milk for the third time. I'm sure the driving skills, plus talent, that Dario has, in abundance, run through the family and will ensure that Paul has the drive he deserves next year?

fROSTY
Last edited by Frosty on Mon May 28, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Mon May 28, 2012 7:41 pm

It's Monaco,what did you expect JD??

Nearly every race in 2011was more boring than this, with Webber disappearing over the horizon to win 11 races,sit on pole position 12 times and lead the drivers championship form first race to last,winning by a margin of 112 points.Now that was boring.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Tue May 29, 2012 5:30 am

Can't remember webber winning the drivers championship bill , think you meant to say vettell , lol :oops: :oops: :oops:
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Tue May 29, 2012 2:42 pm

BigMan:I wish it had been Webber,but of course it was Vettel.Might be Webber's year this time round the way things are going you can't rule him out.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Very true bill , the way the races are going this year with six different winners so far wouldn't like to say who's going to win it this year , still early days with no run away championship leader so far .
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Insider » Thu May 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Guys, Monaco:

Well, I actually missed the race while I was there, I had to drop some of the lads into town just as the race started.

We were all staying in Cannes on Saturday night and the bloody train drivers were on industrial action on Sunday so we couldn't get to Monaco by rail, we had to use the two hire cars, we dropped the lads five minutes walk from the track just as the warm up lap started then drove back to Nice airport to check the cars in, I arrived back in the pitlane at 1900hrs, nightmare.

You said it was a boring race??

Monaco ALWAYS is, to be honest the whole place is a total joke from a racing and working point of view, it's not about racing really, it's all about MASSIVE MONEY, business and television, NOTHING else.

F1 has now outgrown the place five fold, there is just way way too much equipment and far too many people for it to be anything like a workable event, it's total agony from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart.

This is the only way I can discribe it.

You are married with three children, you own a four bedroom detached house, you lose your job and have to sell up, all you can afford is a one bedroom apartment, you move in with the same amount of furniture and people and you HAVE to make it fit.........It just DOES NOT work.

As for Mark winning:

I was really pleased for him to be honest, he's just THE best lad to work with, I've said this many times before, we still keep in touch on a regular basis as we share several common interests and just get on so well.

This year it looks like he has just settled for what it is at RBR, he looks as if he is just focussing on his side of the gararge and letting them do WHATEVER on the other side, to be honest, that's EXACTLY what he should do.

As for me, I'm driving home to Campbeltown this weekend, so, if any of you good people are about and see me, please stop me for a chat on F1 of you want to.

Have a great holiday weekend, lets hope we get the weather back home in Kintyre.

TI.
We're here for a good time, NOT a long time, so keep it lit and never quite.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Thu May 31, 2012 10:59 pm

TI, hopefully when you are there this weekend you will take a few steps forward about organising an F1 extravaganza? :D
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:26 pm

T.I.
Hope you enjoy your time back home? I'm sure you'll be checking out the new refreshment venue in Town?
If there is a possibility of something, for your '' Sportsman Evening '', then please keep us all informed, surely there must be someone who can see the potential of a great gathering of like minded people who would enjoy great food, drinks and a marvellous evening. I would assume that the publicity of an evening of this kind would be very wellcoming to any establishment!?!

Red Bull seem to have rocked the boat?!?
'' Fully enclosed holes may not be located .... slots are permitted though'' !It seems that holes are in the step plane, on the floor, in an area where an aero advantage can be gained.Therefore the regulations have been breached! So changes to the floor, for both Red Bulls, must take place prior to the next race? Does that not mean that their previous races have been ran with illegal cars?
When is a hole not a hole? .....when it is a slot, according to the FIA! Once again, decisions like this seem to take too long to rule over, therefore any results, for the Teams running questionable components, produced during clarification periods stand?!? I doubt if we have heard the last of this?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Frosty » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:29 am

Now, with seven different winners in the first seven Grands Prix, this is certainly a season which is going to be written about in the History Books of F1!
What a win for Lewis, in Canada, the confidence and Team Work seem to have returned to his side of the McLaren garage?
Let's hope some of the settings Lewis seems to use on his car can be transfered and used to the same degree on Jenson's?

The European Grand Prix 2012 certainly has an exciting grid, lets hope that the race will be a lot more exciting than previous visits to Valencia? I, for one, am hoping that Kimi and Romain can provide the eighth different winner in the first eight Grands Prix! With the Lotus looking after it's tyres a lot better than it's rivals plus the track is predicted to be warmer than it was in Qualiying, I would think that Seb and Lewis will have to work hard later today, and don't forget Mr Maldonado, he is overflowing with confidence just now, too!
Ferrari gambled with tyres, and failed, in front of their President too? He had come to the circuit to praise them for their hard work and renaissance? They needed to make sure that they had a time in the bag for Q3 entry. Force India, Williams, Lotus and Sauber were also pushing, they didn't gamble and with the soft tyres on they bagged the top ten positions.
The European Grand Prix may well be an exciting race to watch, at long last?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Frosty wrote:The European Grand Prix may well be an exciting race to watch, at long last?

fROSTY

Well, you were right Frosty - no-one can say that wasn't exciting today!!!!!!!! I had to laugh several times - Eddie Jordan criticising 'older' drivers :lol: and moaning about Ferrarri :lol: lots of folk saying you can't pass at Valencia :lol: BUT IT WAS A THRILLING RACE!!!!!!!! Best this season.

i'M :evil: at Maldonado - Hamilton was not at fault here. Really bad bad luck for him twice today. But not taking anything away from Alonso - a brilliant driver. Must be nice in sport to be Spanish this weekend!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Insider » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi guys,

Sounds like Valencia was a thriller, I WAS there but never saw any of it as I was working.

I've see the Maldenado v Hamilton incident online, bit of both I though, it was 50/50 really, Lewis forced him off and he forced his way back on and they collided, well that's what I think anyway.

Remember the lads at William's call Pastor "The Cage Fighter" because of his good looks :lol:

Anyway, things are heating up with the Bernie corruption scandal and the following article from today's press isn't good news if you work in Brackley.

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4213 ... y_scandal/

frosty, let me know if your at the BGP next week, looks like I will only be at the track until Wednesday evening for Marussia then off on another job for Renault Cars UK.

TI.
We're here for a good time, NOT a long time, so keep it lit and never quite.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 pm

T.I.,
Family cruise or Silverstone? This was the decision I had to make a few months ago? My old employers won, plus my marriage saved for another year!!!!
Looking forward to watching the Race Weekend on the BBC, I'd rather have been going next Wednesday though.
Totally agree GG, the best ever Valencia Race and another race to add to this years amazing season, I also thought Lewis had done enough to take the corner and keep the Williams in 4th, but the penalty that the Stewards issuded, once they decided Pastor had cause the crash, was not consistant with punishments given to others.
I still cannot call either Championship, which is fantastic!!!??
The Renault Alternator Engineer, if there is such a position, could still be in hiding? It was the Alternator which caused the early finish for both Seb and Romain. However, it has to be acknowledged, that Fernando is dragging Ferrari to heights that they, currently, should not be in! A highly emotional win for Fernando on Spanish soil, and Spain have just beat Portugal in the Euro 2012 competion - it could be a good year for the Spanish!?!
The Red Bull looked very fast, in both Drivers hands! Kimi and Romain also looked good, luck and improved qualiying on a Saturday is all that they need for that first win. Silverstone is a circuit that Kimi knows, Romain will be wanting justice for his early retirement, therefore I would keep an eye on the Lotus to push the Red Bulls all the way on Sunday. Sebastian should take pole, Lewis won't be too far behind. The Force Indias should also be fast, along with the Williams and Saubers. Fernando Alonso, last years race winner, also enjoys racing at Silverstone so you cannot, unfortunately, rule his Ferrari out.
I hope Marussia manage to get a good Doctor to Glock and that they have two cars racing!
Season 2012 - Finishing the race, for any driver - is not a given, even for the top Teams in the Championship!

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat