Formula One

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Formula One

Postby Frosty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes , it was the correct decision to go 1 Stop , but Lewis never stopped fighting and his qualifying lap on Saturday , for pole , was fantastic.
I'm sure that Lewis was trying everything he could to catch the Brawns , but that led to a mistake on the second last lap which resulted in him spinning off.

Red Bull maybe able to give the Brawns a fight for it in Japan and who knows which Team will be the fastest in Abu Dhabi.
Singapore and Brazil will be good circuits for the Brawn cars so Rubens will have to ensure that he has enough of a points difference between him and Jenson , at all the remaining circuits , to allow himself to claw back and exceed the 14 points needed.
Jenson has to now focus on a 4 race season in which he has a 14 point head start.

A great end to a ''Different F1 Season'' is it thanks to Bernie?

Just one last thing , Bill , Do Ferrari really need Alonso?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Frosty wrote:Just one last thing , Bill , Do Ferrari really need Alonso?

fROSTY

YES,just as much as Alonso needs Ferrari.To my mind Alonso is the top driver on the grid ,and like them or not ,Ferrari are the top team irrespective of present results.Alonso must get away from the imploding Renault team.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Renault have recieved a suspended sentence of 2 years for conspiring with their driver , Nelson Piquet Jnr., to cause a deliberate crash.
Flavio Briatore has been banned from any further involvement in F1 including driver management.
In my opinion the punishment is not appropriate to the crime,plus I was surprised that the FIA did not hit them with a large financial penalty too.

Alonso has been exonerated of any involment.

So will Renault leave this sport , or will they go and get someone like Alain Prost to return the team to its previous highs?

The next few weeks will see this current episode in F1 history played out , and with the like of Lotus returning , next season should give all the fans a season of high speed racing rather than race fixing scandals and court cases.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Frosty wrote: with the like of Lotus returning , next season should give all the fans a season of high speed racing rather than race fixing scandals and court cases.
fROSTY

Not so sure about that Frosty.As you are probably aware there is to be no pit stops for fuel next season.This to my mind takes away a lot of the excitement,it also means the cars will be heavier,which ofcourse equates to being slower.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Singapore GP

BORING

Jenson increases his lead in championship. 8)
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:02 pm

"Kimi Raikkonen is to be confirmed as Lewis Hamilton's team-mate at McLaren in the next few days - and they will get the £30million-rated driver for free.

In a staggering coup by McLaren, Ferrari sponsors are to pay the Flying Finn's giant salary to race against them next year.

Although he is rated one of the fastest drivers in the paddock and gave them one world title, Ferrari are fed up with his attitude.

They are desperate to land Spain's double world champion Fernando Alonso and are prepared to kick out the Finn to make room for him.

Spanish banking giant Santander, which announced its Ferrari sponsorship last month, is believed to be footing the bill to settle a £5million salary row to see the move happen."

Reports online confirm what I have been saying for a long time. 8) :lol:
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Now that it has finally been confirmed that Alonso WILL be driving a Ferrari next season 8) the drivers roundabout of who's going where can begin.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 pm

ferrari paying kimi £12m to walk away from them at the end of the year alonso signs 3 year £75m deal at ferrari. kimi and lewis to spearhead mclaren assault on 2010 championship, kubica to renault , rosberg to partner jenson at brawn, barachello to williams or force india,just need to wait and see what else develops over the coming weeks, jenson to win title in japan this weekend if all goes to plan :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<>
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:57 pm

the big man wrote:ferrari paying kimi £12m to walk away from them at the end of the year alonso signs 3 year £75m deal at ferrari. kimi and lewis to spearhead mclaren assault on 2010 championship, kubica to renault , rosberg to partner jenson at brawn, barachello to williams or force india,just need to wait and see what else develops over the coming weeks, jenson to win title in japan this weekend if all goes to plan :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<>

All quite possible,but I would not be surprised if Kimi takes the money and walks away from F1.

Also lets not forget that there will be another 3 or 4 new teams also requiring drivers.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby NelsonL1995 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, Looks like Jenson's going to win it.
I'd prefere to have Lewis win it but with only three more races and a 37 point gap between them both it doesn't seem like thats going to happen.

It's good to see that a British Company is going to win it though, although I'm not too keen on Jenson Button.

Brawn GP is probably my favourte team but I wonder how they will cope if and when Virgin pull out as their sponser.
'' If it seems to good to be true, It probably is.''
NelsonL1995
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:55 pm

NelsonL1995 wrote:
Brawn GP is probably my favourte team but I wonder how they will cope if and when Virgin pull out as their sponser.

It is not a case of "if and when"Nelson.Virgin are not sponsoring Brawn next season as they have signed to sponsor the fledgling Manor team.
As for Brawn?
With the Constructor's championship all but won,and Jenson or Rubens the only serious contenders for the drivers championship I am certain they will have companies queueing to invest sponsorship in a much larger scale than Virgin was.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby howlsatthemoon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:08 pm

NelsonL1995 wrote:

When Honda pulled out how did they get on?
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby the big man » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:20 am

word in the paddock is mclaren are parting company with team shareholder and engine supplier mercedes for the 2010 season,and switching to bmw powered engines/ need to wait and see how this develops it could turn nasty in the courtroom :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<>
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:00 pm

the big man wrote:word in the paddock is mclaren are parting company with team shareholder and engine supplier mercedes for the 2010 season,and switching to bmw powered engines/ need to wait and see how this develops it could turn nasty in the courtroom

Can not forsee any problem as Mercedes are keen to terminate with McLaren and buy into Brawn GP.
Also Mercedes has had enough of McLaren's antics after 2007 Spygate,and this years lying after the Australian GP.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm

It is offical Donnington will not be ready in time to host nExt years F1 GP.So it is either back to Siverstone,or no British GP.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat