Formula One

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Formula One

Postby Frosty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:53 am

I have heard that Marussia's test driver, Spanish female, Maria De Villota has suffered life threatening injuries as a result of a terrible crash while test driving the MR - O1 race car. T.I. may well be able to up date us, as I believe he will be helping Marussia set up for Silverstone.
The accident happened at Duxford Airfield, where she was driving the car for the first time. The formula 1 car hit a support truck which had been used to carry the car to the Airfield for the test. Let's all hope she recovers and continues to drive at such a high level in this very competive sport.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The Insider » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 am

Guys,

I AM working with the team this week and I WAS over at Duxford late yesterday morning to assist.

For Team, legal, Health and Safety and all sorts of other reasons I cannot comment on any of yesterday's events.

Enough to say that my thoughts are with Maria and her family at this tragic time.

It truly was a sad episode.

TI.
We're here for a good time, NOT a long time, so keep it lit and never quite.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Swanseajock » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:42 am

The Insider wrote:Guys,

I AM working with the team this week and I WAS over at Duxford late yesterday morning to assist.

For Team, legal, Health and Safety and all sorts of other reasons I cannot comment on any of yesterday's events.

Enough to say that my thoughts are with Maria and her family at this tragic time.

It truly was a sad episode.

TI.

Why can't you comment? Anyhoo, the reports on the news is that Maria has lost her right eye. How tragic is that? Hope she can stay in some role in the sport. Good Luck Girl
Swanseajock
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Insider » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:32 am

Swanseajock,

In the event of a driver injury at any team, all team members and contractors are obliged to follow a 'Standard Operational Procedure' for these type of situations and say nothing outside the team.

The team principal and press dept handle all the press releases on the drivers condition and the technical facts that led up to the accident.

It really is that simple, it is now a team management, legal and Health & Safety issue, until all the facts are know everything is speculation.

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:18 am

Just found out that Vettel was punished for that overtaking incident which pushes him back to 5th and Button now takes 2nd position. Not looking good for us when a Spanish driver in an Italian car wins in Germany though. Still, he is one superb driver!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Insider » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Hungaroring Qually

Interesting session, LH doing the business and Lotus pushing hard.

That's all great etc, but I'm more interested in what is going on at RBR with Engine Mapping and whether or not the suspension can be adjusted without a tool.

What that amounts to is 'Ride Height' adjustment.

I watch with GREAT interest as this one unfolds.

Needless to say I have my own views which won't be put to print :wink:

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:20 am

T.I.
The Red Bulls certainly seem to require hot gas blowing over their rear end?
I think they had a form of manual ride height adjustment in the drivers tub, absolutely naughty boys if it is found to be true?!?

What a race for Kimi and Lewis, Lewis was on fire the whole Grand Prix weekend and Lotus finally got a good quali, which helped them gather a great points total before the break.
Lets hope that Lotus and McLaren can keep up this momentum and take the race to Fernando? Red Bull are not out of it yet, however I think it is now between Kimi and Lewis for the championship?!?

Rumour has it that Sebastian could be in the Ferrari in 2014, but who is the best bet for the No.2 Ferrari in 2013? Surely Kimi wouldn't consider a return to the prancing pony, Ferrari have never really budgeted a lot of time or money on their No.2? He could consider driving for Lotus next year, making sure that Lotus have the budget to maintain a fast car, then, if not, jumping into the Red Bull when Sebastian does go to Ferrari in 2014? Lots of options, rumours and guess work, T.I. may well be in a position to give us any news from the pitlane, but great racing and a fantastic Grand Prix season. Bring on the second half.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The Insider » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 pm

frosty,

Firstly I have been out of touch on the Forum and in general as my mum was very ill for some time and sadly passed away last week.

The sympathy we (as a family) experienced at home in Campbeltown was quite overwhelming, the local people were just amazing, their kindness was legendary, thanks to everyone.

RBR:

NO COMMENT on the 'Adjustable Ride Height' we have to wait and see what the FIA say and do, there has to be something going on though, no smoke without 'RAISING' a fire ;o)

For sure they (RBR) have lost pace with the blown defuser ban AND the engine mapping rule change.

Seb & Spag Racing:

I have to say I have no Idea what will happen, the sport has become SO unpredictable both on AND off the track, things seem to change nearly every week, that said would he (Seb) really want to partner Alonso at a team that has been built round the Spaniard for so long, Fernando is driving BETTER than EVER at he moment, lots of people seem to dislike him, "hard to like but easy to respect" someone said, the lad is CLASS and is a monster in the car.

I was surprised to see them (Ferrari) hang on to Massa this year, for me it's as if they have only got one car and driver in the championship, Massa is anonymous, is he actually attending the GP's this year???

Who WILL they replace him with next season??

A young charger who will score consistant points?

OR....................................................The Ice Man??????????????

frosty would LOVE that :P

Anyone who is home at the Music Festival this weekend and wants to talk F1......Stop me for a chat.

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:08 pm

T.I.,
My best wishes and condolances , I hadn't heard that your Mum had passed away, so sad to hear this.

Thank you for returning to the forum with your news and views, it's always great to read your input, I wish I could be at home for the festival then we could have a few jars, while discussing the latest news and performances etc?

Kimi has now put himself firmly in a great position for this years championship title! What a return, MS can only wish it was him? Could the No. 1 be on the nose of next years Lotus?
It looks certain that Lewis will remain with McLaren next year, so everyone is waiting to see what Ferrari do with their No. 2 seat, though Pillipe Massa seems to be puting in a last minute challenge to help keep the drive!
Do Williams wish they kept Rubens? It would look that way, as I'm sure they would have a few more points in the bag if he had got the seat!

Thanks again T.I., enjoy your time at home and keep us all up dated when you hear anything.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The Insider » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:22 pm

fROSTY,

Thanks for that.

Should WIlliam's have kept Rubens????

Possibly, did you all see this shambles????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcERQxmgKWE

NOT what you want a few thousand miles from home with limited spares.

MUPPET.

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Insider » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:55 pm

Spa,

No surprise that it's VERY wet in the Adren, it always rains at some point during the weekend but it is particularily bad today (Friday) at the great track.

I will be there tomorrow and Sunday for Lotus, doing a truck movement to Monza then Monza return next weekend.

It's also looking like I will be at ALL the remaing flyaway races as early 'set up' crew for Marussia, I'll take that as most of the F1 contract work eases off when the last flyaways kick in.

It's sounds like Charles Pic is on his way out of Marussia, he's talking with other teams, not sure exactly whats happening at Banbury, I can't see the Russian owner going much farther with F1, watch out for a possible sale here, F1 just doesn't suit the Cossacks.

fROSTY,

The media seem to be building Kimi and Lotus up for a win here at the weekend, what do you think?

If it rains on Sunday, it's the normal lottery.

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:39 pm

T.I.,
Who needs the rain when we have Lewis on '' Twitter '', a jumping Pastor and a flying Romain?
You can never win a Grand Prix from the start, however you sure can loose one and put a lot of other drivers in danger too.
I believe Mr Grosjean has been banned from the next Grand Prix.
Jenson produced an amazing pole to flag weekend, what a win, however Kimi produced one of the best, and most daring, F1 passes I have ever seen on the Mercedes of Michael Schumacher, had he not got reduced power from the Renault Engine he may well have managed to hold on to second place.
What a great race to start the second half of a unique Championship year?
Great news that we will have ''The Insider'' on the inside for the remaining races! I still cannot call it, though I would bet Lewis isn't out of it yet and Kimi, consistantly on the podium and scoring points, will also be there or abouts at the end of November.

Another fantastic race in what is turning out to be a wonderfull Championship Year for the Drivers and Constructors too.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The Insider » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Monza,

Yet again I was there but never saw the race.

Looks like LH has totally fallen out with Mac's but who really knows?

Perez,

I had a long chat with a top member of the Sauber team on Sunday night, he ABSOLUTELY insisted that Perez WAS going to Spag Racing, it's all about cash, his moving will pay for their (Sauber's) engines next year even though Monte DZ says he's NOT ready.

The press is rife with rumours of a move to McLaren, but hey, it's the 'Silly Season' Isn't it?

Who know's what will happen but I reckon Sauber need that move for financial reasons.

I watch with interest.

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Insider » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 am

Silly Season:

Well it's all still a bit of a conundrum at the moment but it IS looking like LH WILL stay at Mac's, make NO MISTAKE, this is ALL about CASH and lots of it.

Massa:

Crickey, some are reporting that he WILL stay at Ferrari but who really knows, that Sauber lad was TOTALLY convinced the boy Perez was going as a way to pay for their (Sauber's) lumps, time will tell.

Flyaway set up and me:

I've had a bit of a change there, it's slightly political and I won't go into it online but I WON'T be doing it, WELL, this year at least unless the little issue's are sorted out.

To be honest my life is taking a slightly different path as I'm training to be a 'Performance Coach' but fear not, the plan is to bring this new skill into the F1 Paddock for drivers, it's early days but I do have a meeting very soon regarding this very subject.

I'm trying to extract myself from the technical side of the industry (I'm getting too old for all the physical stuff, it's a young mans game now) and take another route to stay in the paddock, it's what I know and love really, isn't it.

Keep you posted.

Circuit of the America's:

Well, against all odds (due to the financial situation they faced) they have built another amazing facility way down there in Texas.

I for one with everything I saw and heard eighteen months ago though it wouldn't happen, but hey, what do I know?

Charlie Whiting was there yesterday to assess the build and gave it the big thumbs up.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102859

TI
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bitter End » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Fri 28th and ----- Hamilton joins Mercedes, Perez goes to McLaren ------ from the BBC-- both have signed their new contracts this morning!---- -the silly season is now unfolding.
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat