Tevez leaving Man utd!

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Tevez leaving Man utd!

Postby paulmcw » Sun May 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Surely a mistake by sir alex. Especailly with berbatov offering very little! whats the opinion in the home land Jaun face.

I do believe Tevez is a bit over rated myself. Maybe Man Utd are looking at someone like Mcgeady?
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Tevez leaving Man utd!

Postby Tosh » Sun May 10, 2009 5:10 pm

I thought that players weren't allowed to be 'owned' by third parties. Tevez still belongs to Media Sports Investments who loaned him to man U for 2 years, is it the usual 'different rules for Man U' situation?
Welcome...
Back to the circus...
Tosh
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby £3.73 » Sun May 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Tevez is a good player, but the amount of controversy his "3rd party" status has caused off the pitch, I'm surprised any club would touch him with a barge pole. KInda reminda me of Kanchelskis, was he not owned by the Russian mafia?
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed May 13, 2009 11:50 am

£3.73 wrote:Tevez is a good player, but the amount of controversy his "3rd party" status has caused off the pitch, I'm surprised any club would touch him with a barge pole. KInda reminda me of Kanchelskis, was he not owned by the Russian mafia?

I understand what you mean, but really if you're willing to pay the money, surely it just works the same as any other footballing transaction. I don't think Joorabchian is looking to loan him again, he's looking for his big pay day. He's had the man on his books for 4 years or so now.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Wed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

paulmcw wrote:Surely a mistake by sir alex.

I wouldn't have said so. Decent player, one I'm sure Fergie would like to hang on to but not for £30m. That's a lot of money for a not as good version of Rooney. At least Berbatov offers something different when he can be bothered.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby paulmcw » Wed May 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Must admit i didn't realise £30m was the price quoted. He's not even worth £15m in my opinion. With united though you must be the willing squad player. Thats why i don't see David Villa heading to Old Trafford. Although his price tag must be well above £30m.
Wheres the big fella who played for lyon? Is he still there? Scored against Rangers at Ibrox in the champs league. :) (Benzema)
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Hail to the Thief » Thu May 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Why is it that West Ham were punished so severely for their Tevez deal, yet nothing has been made of the Man Utd one? Is it a different kind of deal?
Hail to the Thief
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri May 15, 2009 11:54 am

Hail to The Thief, short answer yes, long answer, too convaluted.

McWhirter, your opinion isn't worth 15p especially when you intimate that Ferguson is going to replace Tevez with McGeady who PLAYS IN A DIFFERENT POSITION. Oh dear. David Villa is going to either Barca or Real, and yes Benzema is still at Lyon.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri May 15, 2009 11:57 am

Ranald wrote:
paulmcw wrote:Surely a mistake by sir alex.

I wouldn't have said so. Decent player, one I'm sure Fergie would like to hang on to but not for £30m. That's a lot of money for a not as good version of Rooney. At least Berbatov offers something different when he can be bothered.

But Tevez and Rooney played together last season and did very well, infact their work rate would be part of the reason Ronaldo scored so many goals. I don't see why it has to be one of them to partner Berbatov, other than that Sir Alex is going to keep playing Berbatov till he gets proven correct to sign him.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat