Kris Boyd

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Kris Boyd

Postby The Hitman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:54 am

What is going on at Rangers? Are we hellbent on gifting the league to Celtic?

Boyd being sold is pure and utter lunacy. If it wasn't for Boyd's goals we would be lying 4th or 5th at the moment?

To say this is a measure to reduce debt, then why buy Lafferty for 3.5 million and sell Boydy for £3M????

He is the most prolific scorer in Scotland and has been for the last 3 years?!! I am happy to see Ferguson go as Davis, Mendes, Edu, Thompson can all do a better job than him, but Boyd....if he is sold then Smith should go aswell, and take Bain with him!

Very very depressed!! :x :@ :(
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Kris Boyd

Postby dustybin » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm

It's an absolute disgrace that Rangers would even consider selling the spl's top goal scorer for such a small amount at this stage of the season. Kris Boyd has been amazing for Rangers so far this season, if he was playing for any other team in the world and scoring twenty goals for them i'm sure they would be demanding a huge fee for him. Surely if the club is that hard up for cash then why dont they get rid of some of the deadwood players that dont ever play. :evil:
dustybin
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:03 pm

There is an alternative arguement that says £3.5m for someone who wasn't even guaranteed a starting place 4 months ago, and who your manager clearly doesn't fancy, is actually a good piece of business?

I know there is a huge split in the Rangers support re Kris Boyd, but my personal opinion (fwiw) is that a player who scores less goals but brings more to the all round team play is what will help Ranger win the league. His strike rate is simply incredible in the SPL, but he's never done it in the bigger games i.e. Europe. You could look at it two ways in that, he didn't get a chance in Europe to score goals vs. do you think you would have got to the UEFA cup Final if he'd palyed up front in all the games?

I think KB would finish top scorer in the SPL every year he played, but the team he played for would never win the league.

The main concern for Rangers is where will the goals come from. And replacing him with a striker who scores goals but also adds more to the all round team will not come cheap, and neither will their wages. It's a measure of how Rangers are now paying for the financial mismanagement of the past. To put it simply if Birmingham came in for a bid of £3.5m for McDonald, would Celtic sell him? Me thinks not. :?

It appears that every player has his price at Ibrox in this Window, I heard that Bhougerra's (?) agent had been told he could go for £2-£2.5m :?
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Hitman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:01 am

Rangers have scored 48 goals this season, Kris Boyd has scored 20 of them. To say that selling him is a good piece of business is far from correct in my opinion.

Where are the goals going to come from Miller? Lafferty? Velicka? I dont think so, any slim chance Rangers had of winning the league have disappeared over the horizon with Boyd.

Maybe McCoist was scared that Boyd would overhaul his scoring record for Rangers.

Fair enough, Boyd may not be the complete player, but it's the SPL we are talking about, that is Rangers bread and butter. Smith should be setting his team up to play around someone with that scoring ablility. Who cares if he doesn't link up play like Wayne Ronney or Tevez? To beat Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts etc that is not a necessity!!

Now whats the chances of Rangers finishing 3rd or 4th now, and not getting a crack at the Champions League, then will it have been a good bit of business?? I rest my case!

Asolute shambles!!!!!!

Get Smith, Murray and Bain out!!!

(Souness for the next managers job? :lol: )
Last edited by The Hitman on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:35 am

Hitman - would agree with pretty much most of your post. I've no idea where the goals would come from. I think Miller and Lafferty combined would score half the amount of goals Boyd does.

It would appear your prayers might be answered, as the deal has stalled on personal terms, he's back at Murray Park today.
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 pm

There's got to be more to it than simply wanting rid of the player. There are all sorts of rumours flying around about Rangers' financial situation. I wouldn't say I believe any of them but some are quite interesting. One theory is that Burnley are due £1m this month as part of the Lafferty deal and since Rangers don't have that money then they're selling the first player they can get out the door.

I think this is probably the wildest speculation I've read so far. No doubt it's not true but it's impressive the way the Chinese whispers start. It's apparently from a Celtic board:

some Celtic site wrote:
The little debate earlier about the Charity Shield being a competitive match got me intrigued. I googled and couldn't get an answer but I am lucky enough to have in my phone the number of a man who does know, that I do some work for. It isn't a competitive match I am told so Mendes is free to move on, but that isn't the reason for this. My little man in the know told me some very interesting stuff regarding our south side friends.

The press have been FULLY briefed regarding moving players on. Rangers are in dire dire straits. Make no mistake, it is the waters we were charting just before a ship captained by a little man in a flat cap came a calling!

Bougherra has already told them he won't play again. Newcastle and Sunderland in but Marseille his preference. Mendes too has said he wants to move now, regretting coming to Glasgow.

The real interesting part however has been the bank. MIH have been told no more credit and assets have to be realised to bring the haemorrhaging of cash under control. The bank know full well the bulk of the assets are property and that is not shifting so all assets currently available to be sold are to be sold, and actively sold. With MIH that leaves only one thing. Football players. The bank are of the opinion, as are most, that things are about to get much worse economically. They also know due to the fact footballers can only be traded during windows they need to move now as although MIH don't need the cash flow this second, when they do the window will be closed and therefore they will be unable to realise the assets that can be moved quickly. As I said above the bank have already told them there will be no more credit so if that point came, they will not bail them out. The bank were in two minds regarding the player sale as they know football is
different. Success on the field can bring in some big cash on and off the field. The defeat on the 27th, 7 points behind and the fact Celtic will now
strengthen as they usually do in Jan has firmed their resolve. the league will very likely not be won and therefore no CL carrot which was how Minty was keeping their eyes away from the obvious assets at Rangers.

Media House have done a sterling job here keeping this out of the press. 2 weeks ago a little snippet got in about the full reserve squad being sent on
loan to save wages. The whole first team squad have already been told they are for sale and agents have been instructed. Friends it is very likely come
February the Rangers first 11 will not contain Bougherra, Mendes, Ferguson, McGregor or Boyd. Davies played for Fulham so he wont be going. They
expect that little lot to realistaclly net them 12 - 15m with ALL of that going to MIH for cash flow.

There is only one small chink of hope for them. Mikel Arteta. Rangers are apparently due 20% of his next transfer and Arsenal have him on a shortlist of
players for this window. (They need back up for Fabregas). Arshavin is the preferred option as Arteta is being quoted at £�m. Arteta going will get one of the high value assets a stay of execution.

Rangers fans will baulk at seeing this but in the banks opinion they will have to deal with having a mid table team as the other option is no team at all. All the usual Rangers minded have been sounded out for a quick deal. Nobody is interested due to the money Murray needs for the club to ensure his entire empire doesn't disappear the second he sells the club. Some were interested but they now cannot raise the finance required due to little credit available and the hits personal fortunes have taken recently as these are usually under pinned by property also.

The bank have been stunned how heavily the whole MIH empire is intertwined with one subsidiary. The balance sheet is propped up by its over inflated
value, alot of the other smaller subsidiaries exist purely to serve Rangers. If Rangers go, and these contracts are not honoured, more than just the value
of Rangers disappers from the MIH balance sheet.

Murray has made MIH and Rangers symbiotic. Without one the other cannot exist and if one dies, they both die. So unlike us, the bank do not see a white
knight on the horizon, even if there is a white knight, one business will have to take a mortal blow to save the other...interesting times ahead
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Ranald wrote:There's got to be more to it than simply wanting rid of the player. There are all sorts of rumours flying around about Rangers' financial situation. I wouldn't say I believe any of them but some are quite interesting. One theory is that Burnley are due £1m this month as part of the Lafferty deal and since Rangers don't have that money then they're selling the first player they can get out the door.

I think this is probably the wildest speculation I've read so far. No doubt it's not true but it's impressive the way the Chinese whispers start. It's apparently from a Celtic board:

some Celtic site wrote:
The little debate earlier about the Charity Shield being a competitive match got me intrigued. I googled and couldn't get an answer but I am lucky enough to have in my phone the number of a man who does know, that I do some work for. It isn't a competitive match I am told so Mendes is free to move on, but that isn't the reason for this. My little man in the know told me some very interesting stuff regarding our south side friends.

The press have been FULLY briefed regarding moving players on. Rangers are in dire dire straits. Make no mistake, it is the waters we were charting just before a ship captained by a little man in a flat cap came a calling!

Bougherra has already told them he won't play again. Newcastle and Sunderland in but Marseille his preference. Mendes too has said he wants to move now, regretting coming to Glasgow.

The real interesting part however has been the bank. MIH have been told no more credit and assets have to be realised to bring the haemorrhaging of cash under control. The bank know full well the bulk of the assets are property and that is not shifting so all assets currently available to be sold are to be sold, and actively sold. With MIH that leaves only one thing. Football players. The bank are of the opinion, as are most, that things are about to get much worse economically. They also know due to the fact footballers can only be traded during windows they need to move now as although MIH don't need the cash flow this second, when they do the window will be closed and therefore they will be unable to realise the assets that can be moved quickly. As I said above the bank have already told them there will be no more credit so if that point came, they will not bail them out. The bank were in two minds regarding the player sale as they know football is
different. Success on the field can bring in some big cash on and off the field. The defeat on the 27th, 7 points behind and the fact Celtic will now
strengthen as they usually do in Jan has firmed their resolve. the league will very likely not be won and therefore no CL carrot which was how Minty was keeping their eyes away from the obvious assets at Rangers.

Media House have done a sterling job here keeping this out of the press. 2 weeks ago a little snippet got in about the full reserve squad being sent on
loan to save wages. The whole first team squad have already been told they are for sale and agents have been instructed. Friends it is very likely come
February the Rangers first 11 will not contain Bougherra, Mendes, Ferguson, McGregor or Boyd. Davies played for Fulham so he wont be going. They
expect that little lot to realistaclly net them 12 - 15m with ALL of that going to MIH for cash flow.

There is only one small chink of hope for them. Mikel Arteta. Rangers are apparently due 20% of his next transfer and Arsenal have him on a shortlist of
players for this window. (They need back up for Fabregas). Arshavin is the preferred option as Arteta is being quoted at £�m. Arteta going will get one of the high value assets a stay of execution.

Rangers fans will baulk at seeing this but in the banks opinion they will have to deal with having a mid table team as the other option is no team at all. All the usual Rangers minded have been sounded out for a quick deal. Nobody is interested due to the money Murray needs for the club to ensure his entire empire doesn't disappear the second he sells the club. Some were interested but they now cannot raise the finance required due to little credit available and the hits personal fortunes have taken recently as these are usually under pinned by property also.

The bank have been stunned how heavily the whole MIH empire is intertwined with one subsidiary. The balance sheet is propped up by its over inflated
value, alot of the other smaller subsidiaries exist purely to serve Rangers. If Rangers go, and these contracts are not honoured, more than just the value

Murray has made MIH and Rangers symbiotic. Without one the other cannot exist and if one dies, they both die. So unlike us, the bank do not see a white
knight on the horizon, even if there is a white knight, one business will have to take a mortal blow to save the other...interesting times ahead

Yaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss Captain Bitter is back
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:15 pm

The Hitman wrote:What is going on at Rangers? Are we hellbent on gifting the league to Celtic?

Boyd being sold is pure and utter lunacy. If it wasn't for Boyd's goals we would be lying 4th or 5th at the moment?

To say this is a measure to reduce debt, then why buy Lafferty for 3.5 million and sell Boydy for £3M????

He is the most prolific scorer in Scotland and has been for the last 3 years?!! I am happy to see Ferguson go as Davis, Mendes, Edu, Thompson can all do a better job than him, but Boyd....if he is sold then Smith should go aswell, and take Bain with him!

Very very depressed!! :x :@ :(

Looks to me that Murray is getting ready to sell the Gers-ey.He has stated that they have a wage bill of between 5-7 million a year for players that are no use to them .How will selling Kris Boyd sort that out ,get rid of the deadwood even if they have to buy out their contract it would be better than selling the best goal scorer at Ibrox .They are gambling on still winning the SPL without him. NO CHANCE, they will be lucky to finish third without him ,and if that happens then no CL which Guarentees them 10 million ,so in actuall fact they gambling 10 million against 4 million ,which is going to pay a years wages for all the deadwood ,just does'nt add up .Something far up here ,Newcastle are supposed to be interested in Ferguson ,Mcgreggor and Bougherra and he is adamant they are not for sale but if good enough offers come in for them they would be considered.I remember all that rubbish last year Carlos Quellor was not for sale at any price was what we were told for weeks and then they sold him.He was one of the bst defenders who has been at Ibrox in recent years and if we still had him then we would not be trailing Celtic by five points .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby The Hitman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Even if Boyd does not go to Birmingham, it has alerted other English clubs as to what price and salary it will take to tempt him south of the Border.

If Rangers are in such dire straits, then selling their talisman for £3 million - rising to 4 possibly with 20% going to Killie (only reducing 12k a week off the wage bill) is hardly going to remedy matters!!

Why doesn't Murray get rid of the deadwood at white collar level to reduce wages if he cannot offload firnge players. Also sell Ferguson, McGregor and Bougherra. As previously stated there is ample cover for Ferguson, Webster or Berra could be brought in to replace Bougherra and Neil Alexander is more than capable of filling McGregors boots. Those sales should and I re-iterate should provide 13-15 million. Whether that figure can be realised is another thing.

As is obvious I totally oppose the sale of Boyd, although I am now resigned to losing him aswell as the league.

I heard Lovenkrands is a free agent and was seen at Glasgow Airport today? :shock: Wouldn't be a bad siging if played in the correct position by Smith and not wide left. Also rumours that Boyd may yet go to Sunderland and David Healy coming to Ibrox as a makeweight.

I would normally say interesting times ahead, but on this occassion, it's worrying times!!!
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:36 pm

All those biscuit tin jokes are coming back and haunting you lot now, and it serves you,se right
Who gives a toss if he goes or not, if he wants to go then get rid of him, Rangers are now a selling club, and its time their fans realized it, lack of champions league money leaves them with no other choice, better to sell and survive, than not sell and sink.
We know, we have been there, and came bouncing back to be the best team in the SPL for the last 5 or 8 years, for sure.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Ranald wrote:
some Celtic site wrote:

That is well written but obviously fabricated be some Celtic fan on the wind up.

So, Rangers are due 20% of the Arteta fee....well how big a percentage are Real Sociadad due?.....sure Everton signed him from there.

The originator of the article slipped up....it was very well written though :lol:

I dont understand the Boyd thing .....only explanation is that Rangers really do badly need the money.....but they have so many players that never get near the first team they could sell...fees for them would come to more than they would get for Boyd....and their wages would come to much more too.

It is a strange one....he likely will end up going after the usual huffing, puffing and posturing. Hey, that sounds like Boyd just after he has scored a goal :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby giantredwood » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Will Donald Finlay be caught singing this song next :wink: :wink:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PcLQ8UC01jU
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ranald » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:29 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:So, Rangers are due 20% of the Arteta fee....well how big a percentage are Real Sociadad due?.....sure Everton signed him from there.

The originator of the article slipped up....it was very well written though :lol:

I dont understand the Boyd thing .....only explanation is that Rangers really do badly need the money.....but they have so many players that never get near the first team they could sell...fees for them would come to more than they would get for Boyd....and their wages would come to much more too.

It is a strange one....he likely will end up going after the usual huffing, puffing and posturing. Hey, that sounds like Boyd just after he has scored a goal :lol:

I agree about that being a bit of a giveaway. Amazing the time people will put into a wind up though :lol:

Your point about selling the fringe players is good in an ideal world but I think maybe Murray isn't confident that anyone else actually wants them. He said as much today when he admitted that you can only sell players that other clubs want to buy. Hemdani is a good example. There don't seem to be any takers for him and he's quite happy to sit in the stands collecting his £15,000 per week or whatever until his contract runs out.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:52 pm

They reason they canmnot sell most of these players is because they want to much for them .Surely if they sold some of them at a reduced price then they would not have to sell good players and they would reduce the wagebill at the same time .Seems stupid to keep paying players who are just not needed .That would not happen in a factory or a building site .As i said they can buy their contracts and in effect pay them off.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:49 am

Ranald wrote:
some Celtic site wrote:

Phones the guy for a bit of info on the Charity Shield and gets the lowdown on Rangers' financial plight. Aye right!!!!!!

Not getting at you Ranald...getting at the sayer of such sooth!!
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat