Rangers v Celtic Saturday 27thSeptember(sorry December 2008)

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Rangers v Celtic Saturday 27thSeptember(sorry December 2008)

Postby hoots the scoop » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Any thoughts on date of this fixture bang in the middle of the holidays on a Saturday?
Last edited by hoots the scoop on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoots the scoop is a generic account and seeks to generate and stimulate conversation. If you wish access to this account please PM us. This account does not or should not represent personal views! :-)
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Rangers v Celtic Saturday 27th September 2008

Postby The Hitman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Well it used to be the traditional ne'erdays derby so I don't really mind it to be honest.

It will beat watchin all the usual junk on tv that is trotted out year upon year.

Just hope Boruc is still handing out presents and McGobby gets a game cos he is the most overhyped player seen for ages. In my opinion this is all just a ploy for publicity as I believe Strachan and Celtic want to cash in before everyone else see's through him.
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:28 am

hoots the scoop wrote:Any thoughts on date of this fixture bang in the middle of the holidays on a Saturday?

Stimulating indeed.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dustybin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:39 pm

Mc Gobby :lol: :lol: I'm really looking forward to it, A repeat performance from the last old firm game will do me as a late christmas present :D
dustybin
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Hume » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Assuming McGobby is who I think it is I see he on the front cover of the official 2009 club calendar :lol: There were stacks of them just in the door at Breahead last night.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:21 am

I would not be surprised if MAGAYDAY plays in the old firm match ,they want to get rid of him but they still want as much money as they can for him .If he goes straight into the January transfer with this above his head ,then the price will dramaticly drop .Dont rate him myself.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Mod7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:10 pm

hoots the scoop wrote:Any thoughts on date of this fixture bang in the middle of the holidays on a Saturday?

What was the score then???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoots the scoop is a generic account and seeks to generate and stimulate conversation.
Way to go Hoots :lol: .. will anyone put a name to this gaff?? or just blame Santa :lol: :lol:
Mod7
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Must admit I hadnt noticed that myself. Unless you just used your mod power to change it just so you could laugh at people. Eh eh?
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rainbowsprite » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Na, its been like that all along, didn't want to comment incase it was just me being stupid :oops:
rainbowsprite
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby hoots the scoop » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Mod7 wrote:

What was the score then???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Mod7 - your right it has been like this for ages, was wondering who would notice first. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mod7 wrote:
Hoots the scoop is a generic account and seeks to generate and stimulate conversation.
Way to go Hoots :lol: .. will anyone put a name to this gaff?? or just blame Santa :lol: :lol:

And your point is? I assumed your job is to moderate and not take the piss? If you are looking to take the piss then why not use your username? :?

There was a point to my original post and it was to stimulate conversation. It seems rather odd this game is being played on the Saturday when everyone is off on holiday - potentially the busiest Saturday of the year for pubs.

Perhaps more of a personal point but a point nonetheless..We have friends home and the thought of taking them out on the town goes out the window. Why? To be met by drunken football fans, not all, and some spouting bigoted nonsense. It is the holidays and it would be nice to take a break from drone of Celtice and Rangers. Not everyone likes football you know. :wink:
Hoots the scoop is a generic account and seeks to generate and stimulate conversation. If you wish access to this account please PM us. This account does not or should not represent personal views! :-)
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Rangers v Celtic Saturday 27thSeptember(sorry December 2008)

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:09 am

I quite fancy going out to watch the game tomorrow but know I won't as I have things to on. (or won't be allowed :wink: )

It does kind of spoil the holiday Saturday for those who just want to go out for a pint and enjoy some banter - everyone on holiday, people home etc. Must admit when I worked in the bar I didn't mind during the game itself but certainly didn't enjoy any night shift following the game. (may add the vast majority of fans are just out for a pint and banter and have saw very few incidents over the years....)

Nevertheless, it's on. I'll predict 1-1 with Boyd for Rangers and Caldwell :shock: for Celtic.
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:02 pm

I,d say its a must win game for the Gers, so they will go for it and win 2-0.
The reason I say this is because I always get it totally wrong, and hope I will continue this trend today.
M,on the hoops.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mod7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Ok Hoots.. Sorry you took offence to a harmless bit of ribbing.. :?

I don't use my normal username as i feel it would interfere with my position as a mod. I have been thinking about quitting moderating for a few weeks now and getting back to a normal forum life. Some people seem to have a problem with moderators on this forum and i don't think that will ever change. I think i have been very fair on here and generally explained the reason to any user i have had the misfortune of moderating. As for questioning my hiding behind a mod name, can i point out that "hoots" is a generic account and you yourself aren't openly making a comment on the forum.

Once again.. my post was a bit of fun poking.. for evidence of that see the wee emotion images.. :lol:
Mod7
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:I,d say its a must win game for the Gers, so they will go for it and win 2-0.
The reason I say this is because I always get it totally wrong, and hope I will continue this trend today.
M,on the hoops.

I just luv it when i,m wrong. :lol: :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat