Scotland vs Norway

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Scotland vs Norway

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:14 am

I wonder if the police are clamping down on drunken behaviour because at the last Scotland vs Norway game, some idiot was running about with a plastic sword and was also kissing the police horses. Infantile behaviour. :twisted:
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Scotland vs Norway

Postby Hume » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mon horse, we need more detail than that :?:
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bakbjerg » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:45 pm

In Norway they are sure, that it's a Norway and Scotland matter to play for the second spot in the group. Strong words from a team that started with a draw at home against Island.
Their strikers are injured, and they need points to stay alive in the group, so I assume their style will be even more defensive and boring than usual. Hope for Scotland to find a way through their defensive with a goal or two. :D
highlander wannabee
http://www.bakbjerg.com (private)
http://www.insu.biz (work)
bakbjerg
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ranald » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:12 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:I wonder if the police are clamping down on drunken behaviour because at the last Scotland vs Norway game, some idiot was running about with a plastic sword and was also kissing the police horses. Infantile behaviour. :twisted:

Funnily enough I was thinking about that last night. That was also the Ken Bigley song thing as well wasn't it?
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:31 pm

Anyone looking for a ticket?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:10 am

Aye. I was trying to avoid mentioning that though.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby oorly gourlay » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Van Vossen, all is forgiven, Iwelomu you now have the title of the worst miss of all time. I never, ever included Bremner in this one.

Is third place now a possibility, or are we looking at fourth :?:
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Trapper » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Personally I think we've still got a great chance of 2nd place. I don't see what the panic is, we've certainly not made the start we'd hoped for but everyone seems to assume Norway are going to go to macedonia and win, got to icelnd and win and that we won't take anything off the dutch or the norwegians away. I think we'll beat norway in oslo, win at home against iceland and macedonia and take at least a point off the dutch. It might not be in our own hands but it's still do-able.

Most dissapointing thing about today, apart from THAT miss, was that it took burley so long to realise we would be better wi 2 men up front and at least one recognised striker on from the start would have been nice.

At the end of the day Kris boyd should have got a chance at some point today. I thought Scott brown was immense again. Darren Fletcher had one of his better games in a scotland shirt. Stephen Fletcher was excellent when he came on. Limited kirk bigfoot, astonishingly, did well. Maloney was as much use as a chocolate teapot. Caldwell and weir were slower than a week in the jail and looked completely out of depth, particularly caldwell whose timing at high balls was bizzare! Gordon, again did well. Naysmith did well. Robson was in and out of the game too much, but when he was in it he looked good. Morrison never really did much. Mcfadden was extremely poor and Burley was probably right to take him off although he should never have played him up front on his own. (Although lets not forget Mcliesh did that in paris and look what happened there!) Iwelumo? Well i'll try and be fair, he actually did win just about every ball played up to him, bu you can't miss chances like that for scotland as you only get one every three games!!
The manager? Got it wrong for 55 minutes with his 4-3-3 that turned into 4-5-1 with no real goal threat. However at least, eventually, unlike previous managers, he realised it and tried to change it. Should have used boyd instead of big chris.

Lets face it, that shot had gone in and we'd have been prety happy wi one nil, and I think if we had scored then we would have went on and scored more. I know Norway had chances but I thought when we changed it we were by far the better team, and the only reason they had the chances in the second half was cos we were pushing for a goal.

All in all, not good enough today but it aint over till the hoora size o a wummin sings!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Phew! I was feeling really pessimistic about South Africa until I read that post of Trapper's. He sounds as if he knows stuff so I'm trusting him, seeing as I don't know diddly squat about tactics and football jargon but just want a chance to hang my flag oot the windae. :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby TYM » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Agree with most of what Trapper says especially the fact that a draw is not a disaster. Norway did not make up any ground. A defeat would have meant they would have gained a valuable 3 points on us. All the other teams ( maybe bar Holland ) are going to take points of each other. Macedonia worry me as they have already taken 3 points from us.

Cannot agree with some of the player observations. Just goes to show that we all watch the same game but see it differently.

I thought Darren Fletcher had one of his poorest games for Scotland. Also, thought Gordon was not comfortable on crosses.

Carew was a real handful but I thought both Caldwell and Weir fared reasonably well against him.

Scott Brown was our best player.
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby paulmcw » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:20 am

Was at the game yesterday, and i agree about most things said about the team selection etc. that formation would do against Norway ,, AWAY! and i think its down to the quality of manager and a reminder that this level of football isn't Hearts, Southampton or Ipswich. Its a million miles away!!!

Its the same for Fletcher (Stephen). Everyone, icluding trapper above thought he ws excellant????? I'm struggling to see what he done, or when even he touched the ball? I think everyone woud like to think he was brilliant! He was'nt. He ran about. He made no impact what so ever, this is a good player at Hibs that still has to prove himself in the dreaded second season after a good first one! Definately not ready for international football, especailly when Boyd is left on the bench and worse than "that miss" taking Faddy off, Someone who has proved his worth at this level!!!

Burley has'nt got it! He's a championship manager,(an average one at that) and always will be, and and the buck falls with them idots at the SFA who appointed him! The same idiots who over looked a 15 year old, (starting 11 for Hamilton) player in a tough 1st Div, playing against journey pro's and crowds for Celtic and Rangers reserve players playing games at 2pm on a monday afternoon in from of ,, no one!

The change has to start from the top down! Smith is a good appointment, but its time for the rest to go! - yesterday was pathetic! :shock:
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Govangirl » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:19 pm

I can see why folk see different things in a player's game but I don't think THIS is the right way to go about things... or is it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 665985.stm
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:11 pm

Certainly not the right way to go about things. Seems like a wee boy in a huff to me. As Burley said, he can't establish himself at Rangers, does that mean he's going to refuse to play under Walter Smith? Oh no, wait, Rangers pay him sh@tloads of cash to sit on the bench, so he'll just keep on trying to break into the team!

See ye later Kris, don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:21 am

Trapper wrote:See ye later Kris, don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out!

That'll be quite hard, bearing in mind the size o' it.

Agree with TYM re Darren Fletcher. Thought he was abysmal. However, Trapper isn't the only person who disagrees with me. Got back to the pool hall after the game on Saturday and spoke to a couple of pals who thought that Fletcher had a decent game. Just goes to show the different perspectives on a game.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Hitman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:46 am

I don't blame Kris Boyd for walking out, after being overlooked time and again for Scotland, it must be the most frustrating feeling in the world. Sitting on the bench watching a game that is dying out for a goalscorer and who does Burley put on Iwelumo and Fletcher - (1 cap between them and not proven finishers at any level other than the championship and SPL). When you look at Boyd's stats (he has almost a goal every two games at international level) it is mystifying as to why he doesn't get the nod. Fair enough, I probably wouldn't have started with Boyd, but I would certainly use him before Iwelumo & Fletcher.

As if that wasn't enough of a slap in the face, Burley proceeds to go onto the radio and defend his decison by saying Boyd hasn't established himself at Rangers!!! (Eh, 80 odd goals at domestic & euorpean level, George, 7 in 15 at International) Why call him into the Squad and (a) not to play him
(b) slate him without giving him a chance?!

I don't think Burley will see next Summer as Scotland manager and at this rate shouldn't. 1 win in 7 attempts?
Bring back Berti ;)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat